verizon q9c or bb curve pls help!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Axithe, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Geekster

Geekster New Member

i do know that the latest version is 2.x (& for anyone else trying it u will need netframe work 2.x)
    @ blackmeto: w\c Q do u have? Charting results if we can. &&&&& whatz sweetwater 420?
  2. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

I have the q9c with the wm 6.1 update, not the official one but the first one.
    Im on verizon and it even looks like the slow processor setting slows down everything, even PDAnet
    hmm, I have TPC 1.4
    meto goes ahuntin
    Now for the more important question:
    [​IMG]

is a locally brewed beer here in Atlanta
  3. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Blackmeto

I have the exact same setup as you, did you have to do all those edits the forum was talking about or does tornado run as setup when you installed the cab.? I have been reading tirelessly on that forum and IMA scared this may be over my head. Also looks like it may take a hard reset to get rid of it if we don't like it because of all the reg edits it does. I am watching your success before I try.Wink BTW I don't think anyone has EVER managed to highjacked a thread as good as we have! LOL :thumbup:
  4. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

*think im gonna stay with 1.4 judging from this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=321665&page=21
    the 2.0 beta is unstable even on the tornado

and this post says the automatic settings might need the htc OS to operate
    http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=cingular&message.id=35347

nm im about to try the beta anyway
  5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

nah it installs as a normal .cab file
    thanks to geekster i installed the 2x beta and it installed normally
    switched power setting to automatic so ill let you know how that goes at the end of the day
    I say install it but it DOES NOT show up in your installed programs list
    Be advised

and sweetwater 420 might not be good to you if you dont appreciate a good indian pale ale
  6. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

however it does show up and can be uninstalled from my sktools installed programs list
  7. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

it also closes apps as soon as u switch from them
  8. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Well I installed it :) No probs yet and seems alittle snappier all I want from it is better battery life :) so I got my fingers and toes crossed!
  9. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

i have battery life is much better
    ive been online,emailing and calling all day and by now i would be on 1 bar without my charger but right now i still have 4 bars without my charger
  10. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Have you messed with the brightness setting? I changed mine to dim and screen went black :-( Had to soft reset and everytime I would go to setting to change it back to bright my screen would go black again. I had to unistall it and reinstall to get it back to normal? I think it might have something to do with our smartbacklight IDK ? :-\
  11. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

end of the day and i still have 3 bars, the phone lasted longer than me because some kind of way we ended up "babysitting" my girls little tank of a nephew.
    boycan when i was googling tcp i did come across a post that said that the dim setting just turns the backlight off. when i was testing it I turned it off and was able to get it back on by squinting at the screen and "remembering" the keypresses to get back to the bright setting. So i believe thats the way its supposed to work
  12. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Well I won't be dimming it anymore! :) I call that a blackout not dimming LOL