verizon q9c or bb curve pls help!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Axithe, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Axithe

Axithe New Member

verizon q9c or bb curve pls help!

alright so a few days ago I got the q9c and love it...I use it for intense media (camera,music,video,internet etc.). my friends have been telling me that the bb curve is better..it has a standard headphone jack,better camera and more stable software. I havnt had the chance to use a bb before and all bias aside pls I was wondering which would be better. have a good one guys/girls!
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

if they think the crackberry is so much better why not see if they will let you tinker with it for a while....

each has pros and cons. ultimately you have to decide if it is worth the extra $$$$$$$$$.$$ for a BB
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

in general a BB is more stable because there isn't as much free reign of customization. I've used various WinMo devices for years now, and have had no stability problems. I prefer the freedom of the Q.
  4. Axithe

Axithe New Member

kool thnx guys I think I might stick with it but keep posting stuff lol
  5. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Yeah... the majority of issues from Qs or other WinMo devices arise from the extensive customizations that are *inflicted* on it.
    Still... the BB does have a more stable OS, the battery life is better and the Curve is a bit more petite.
    I dunno about the better camera.
    The Q has the better keyboard, much more customizable, bigger selection of 3rd party apps and faster data access than the Curve.
  6. Axithe

Axithe New Member

you no what kareljack I think you just made me keep my q. good points.
  7. sweat

sweat New Member

I've looked at both. And given my ongoing syncing problems with the Q, I've thought about switching to the BB.

The downside with the BB is a more expensive plan and a higher level of radiation. Nearly every BB gives off the maximum level of radiation allowed by law.

Not trying to scare anybody by saying this, but whenever it is possible to reduce health risks with minimal effort, it just makes sense to do so.

The reality is that nobody knows what the long-term effect of all this wireless stuff is. (That is why you should never keep a bluetooth hooked up to your ear when you're not on the phone. In fact, keep your phone at your desk when you're sitting down for a while.)
  8. crb79

crb79 New Member

Careful with calling it "radiation" as it's really just radiated heat and RF signals which are suspected to cause issues. Man-made Radiation is the result of nuclear fission, and if there was nuclear fission going on in your phone it would melt instantly.

Also it's funny the miss-information out about radiation. Did you know that every person on earth is exposed to radiation daily thru the most inconspicious objects? Typical Dose rate without working in a Nuke plant is 360 mRem. It comes from dirt, many ceramic plates,coffee mugs etc, it's the natural radiation emmited from the earth's crust.

Now back to the Q9c debate. I've had several problems with my Q9c due to extensive customizing. I have found with use of the tornado power control program I can bump up my processor speed and all the problems went away!
  9. Boycan

Boycan New Member

What is this tornado program and where can I check it out?
  10. Geekster

Geekster New Member

11. Boycan

Boycan New Member

12. sherri

sherri Active Member

I got on with out any problem...

Try typing in http://www.modaco.com and search there for the tornado program...
  13. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I have an account there...
    want me to try to get it for you?
    *I don't like Mcaf*ck! Takes over everything like Norf*ck does*
    **excuse the language...I have to deal with their crap everyday**
  14. Boycan

Boycan New Member

No I got it, have the cab on my desktop but I am going to spend some time tomoro reading before I put it on my baby!Wink Why have you not tried it or have you?
  15. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I saw you over there. We were the only 2 members on.
    HAHAHA!! Buddy surfing!!!
    Cool!
    I haven't tried it, didn't know about this until this thread.
    If I get time I will try to mess with it tomorrow but have a breakfast ride planned. So far, as far as I know, 25 motorcycles are going to "crash" a breakfast buffet in the morning.
    This should prove interesting!!! From there I don't know what else will happen but whatever it is it will not be sitting still in one place!!!
    If you do this, backup backup backup!!! :wink:
  16. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Thanks I will back up IF I do it, have fun at Breakfast!
  17. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

installed it and about to leave my phone off the charger with 3 apps running to see if tpc made any difference
  18. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Wow, thanks blackmeto. I'll wait and see how you do with this. My main concern is locking up the phone and not getting it booted up again, but I'm still using WM5. I think the older version is still posted and may have to use that instead.
    But we'll see how this goes.....
    *yeah-then there is always Sprite, I know*
  19. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

ok im awake now and it IS Kinda early considering all of the sweetwater 420's i drank last night but.......
    i turned the processor to superslow using tcp the omap app wouldnt let me do anything. i tried it because theres supposed to b a automatic processer speed setting that isnt i the tcp i installed and wanted to see if it was there, but omap wont let me do anything to see if there is a setting anyway.......
    I left the phone on all night with the normal backlight/screen off after 1 min with Pie,opera mobile,and pocket nester
    running and right now i still have 4 bars!
    typing this i can really tell the impact that changing the processor speed but i selected the slowest one out of 6 or 7 for this test.(what im seeing is backspace in text input is deleting 2 spaces as opposed to 1,and some numbers like that 7 being pressed didnt really want to show up even though, the z jumps right on in there. And of course the slow down in certain actions but again, i did choose the slowest processor setting.)
    overall i say this works fine, i had no problems installing it and i would compare this to the pocket hack master i used to have on my axim x5.
    by the way i installed the one from the first link on that other page looked like there were two others but i just went with the one that said .cab
    now can somebody please tell me where to get the one that allows the automatic processor setting

this could be the singularly most important app of all
    singular, singularly, cingular, single lol
  20. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

after setting it to fast im noticing pages load even faster?
    text input is flawless
    again imluvinit