Verizon Q9c GPS Hack

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by jmorisey, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bugme~

bugme~ New Member

on PC windows,
    the first place a .dll is looked for is in the app's directory.
    if its not there, it searches the windows paths.
    you can replace system dlls like this, by putting ones named the same in the app's directory.

is it the same on windows mobile I wonder?
  2. Anthony.Selby

Anthony.Selby New Member

I've created a couple app for the q all with some custom dlls all I had to do was put them in the same folder as the app so I know it looks there as far as check in the folder first or second I don't know but I can test it out and let everyone know
  3. bpickel

bpickel New Member

Is it at all possible that the needed .dll is located in the VZNav software ? Since certain components seem to be missing until it is installed. Also, I don't understand why it is so difficult to get someone with a sprint phone to post files/reg info. If I had one I would.
  4. Anthony.Selby

Anthony.Selby New Member

it could be but from my understanding vznav uses custom dlls that aren't standard it seems that the check for the subscription based service is donb in the dll so even if you download vznav you aren't going to get what you need for gmaps to work

if someone has a sprint q9c that hasn't been updated to 6.1 that seems like it would be the place to get what we need
  5. Anthony.Selby

Anthony.Selby New Member

So I just downloaded the emulator and windows mobile 6 roms from Microsoft ... anybody tried looking in there for the stuff we need ????

Ok, I've looked a couple q9cs all of them verizon ... and I downloaded the SDK ... I don't see any of the files that we need anywhere ...

Nobody has a friend at the local sprint store ????
  6. MarkG121087

MarkG121087 New Member

7. Anthony.Selby

Anthony.Selby New Member

This seems to be WM6.1 ... I'm downloading it to take a look ... but I think we need something with wm6

Has anyone loaded WM6.1 on a verizon Q9c and made everything work ???

I would bet GPS would turn on then as while as tethering ... but I don't know if the phone would work ... anyone have any info on that ????
  8. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

just check out the introductions forum and hopefully youll fin a kind person thy hasnt updated yet
  9. Anthony.Selby

Anthony.Selby New Member

still no luck any sprint files anyone
  10. jamesybsu

jamesybsu New Member

Im getting sad this thread is quiet and we haven't found any new news yet :frown:
  11. Strygun

Strygun Guest

Keep trying!

You all seem sooo close!
  12. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

We really need to get this going... I am in the middle of no where and have no idea where I am. Without this, I may never get home!!!
  13. BigFatWhiteGuy

BigFatWhiteGuy New Member

This might work.

I also am having this same problem. I used to work for sprint and I hated the service so much I switched to verizon.

I can tell you that the update from the motorola website for the sprint phone is almost the same as the verizon. There is a way to force the update and then you will get an error. Once that happens it will ask you to do a master reset. choose to download the software from the website. this will convert your phone to a sprint phone. This should enable the phone's gps. Only one problem. There are no upadates for the verizon phone yet to change it back. They may have fixed it so you can't used the incorrect update. It might still be there. Keep in mind that is doesnt change all the software and drivers over so your phone is no longer functional. you will have to do the correct update and force to get it to switch.

This was on the of problems we were having. I used to program funtion bylaws for smart phones (in other words tell the phones what they can and cant do with there service). I am also working on a fix. I think I may have found a way to do this but I need to make sure I can change my phone back first. I will have to keep you all posted on this. I still have most of my files from Sprint for these functions. I have tried to load the GPS Driver that we received from Moto for there phones but something is different in the Verizon phone that won't allow me to install it. I am working a writing a new driver but I need to find the version and type of GPS for my phone. Then I can compile the driver and upload it for all you guys. A few of my ex-co-workers still work there and are trying to find a way to do it as they also hate sprint service and have verizon and think it would be funny to make it easy for people to switch to verizon from sprint.
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

definately keep us posted and welcome to EQ!!
  15. thebixcuit

thebixcuit New Member

the gps radio is a integrated qualcomm gpsOne. verizon does use different gps drivers. I have the extracted rom from sprint so I can compare the registry and dll's. im jus not lost. im by the pool in key west so no work is getting done! ill get some looks at it starting monday or on the light home.
  16. Strygun

Strygun Guest

Go, go, go! Here's hoping...
  17. Anthony.Selby

Anthony.Selby New Member

I would love to help you out, if you want to send me what you have ... I would be happy to look at it... sometimes a second pair of eyes helps

Thanks
  18. jamesybsu

jamesybsu New Member

If there is anything I can do to help let me know. I hate the fact verizon locks everything down I wanna get this feature working!
  19. Anthony.Selby

Anthony.Selby New Member

how are things going
  20. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Well, ounce thebixcuit is done baking in the sun, we make get another jump-start on this.

It seems he has made the most discovery's and progress on this.
    Keep up the good work, as time permits...

Jon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.