Verizon Q9c GPS Hack

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by jmorisey, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkim36

dkim36 New Member

2. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Probably not, since they are differently programmed OSs, and even further, it said it only worked on BB maps, and not Google Maps. Double whammy there.
  3. dkim36

dkim36 New Member

4. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I don't know...it says it's only for new phones, and besides it doesn't even mention the Q9c as an old phone...

But it might give the rest of the internet an edge.
  5. bugme~

bugme~ New Member

I'm going to dump Verizon x79 times.

I am in charge of 79 phones, at about $100/mo each, with 2 year contracts through Verizon wireless. Right now ~half are the Motorola Q9c (latest rollout). If this GPS isn't unlocked in about a week or two, for this specific model, which we just got a batch of, our contract will be switched, possibly to Sprint or even Tmobile. We have about 22 express card modems and associated services too for some of our employees, I will make sure they are switched out too. Do you know how much money you will lose? I do.

For all you phone companies that think you can sell large bait and switch contracts to technologically naive people (like the person I replaced a few months ago, that signed this contract with you), you have another thing coming. Actually you don't, you won't get a dime.

Tmobile doesn't even charge for tethering, and even though their network is a bit slow, I might even consider switching us out to them, since the economy sucks right now.

/rant from a person wasting his entire weekend, trying to get custom map/lbs software to run on our companies 36 new phones, that worked with our old phones, and reading 45 pages to find out that Verizon blows. Can you hear me now?

PS: To all the people that are trying to unlock this gps, I admire your patience, and wish you luck. My own personal phone was supposed to be a HTC Touch Pro from Verizon, but after this debacle, I'm not so sure I would want some locked down pos version of the phone.
  6. bheidemann

bheidemann New Member

Just have to say...

I manage 200+ corporate phones/air cards that are currently with sprint. We are desperately trying to end our contract and move to Verizon. Sprint data is just too slow and the complaints we get from our corporate users getting dropped calls is just too much.

I understand your frustration with GPS but out of our 200+ users only about 5 would even know how to use GPS ontheir phone. Before switching your corporate account think long an hard. Is GPS on your phone worth hours of support calls trying to get Sprint working?
  7. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

There still seems to be a sort of lock on the GPS for this phone which is similar to the one we have hacked on Verizon handsets. The question is has anyone been able to get Qualcomm Phone Service Tool (QPST) to recognize a COM port on any Q phone for any carrier and specifically for Verizon?
  8. captron7779

captron7779 New Member

9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

10. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

From my experience, the HTC GPS downloads onto the Q and runs but doesnt unlock anything. I keep having issues where everytime I turn on the GPS my phone restarts :/
  11. ghostrider157

ghostrider157 New Member

Pissed at Verizon

I am in the process of writing a letter to the president of Verizon (information at bottom). I am including a 44 page petition with the letter. If you want GPS released I would recommend writing a letter, signing the petition and mailing it to the president of Verizon.

Information for a letter:

Lowell McAdam, President & CEO
    Verizon Wireless
    140 West Street, New York, New York, 10007

Petition:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/vzwgps/petition-sign.html
    This petition is geared towards blackberry customers, however they mention that the petition is open to all verizon users.

Good luck
    I hope to be using GPS soon :wink:
  12. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Update that will come in handy
    GPS connects through a virtual GPD server through Port9 (so my key is in the right hole but its the wrong car...man I cant tell you how many times THATS happened :tounge:)
  13. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

/OT
    thats what she said
    /OT

carry on
  14. sherri

sherri Active Member

^^waahhhaaahhaaahhhaaaa!!! OUCH!
  15. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

roflmgdao! ^_^
  16. bluelitenin

bluelitenin New Member

Moto Q gps?

I was reading your thread and wondered about the google gps and if that can be put on my Q with windows 5.0? I have live search added but it doesnt show my position it only shows maps and I have to move the map manually.
  17. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

you would need an external bluetooth gps unit...cheap though!
  18. bluelitenin

bluelitenin New Member

gps

Do you have any specific suggestions on what works well :angry:and were to get it?
  19. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

quite a few work great. i bought my navibe from buygpsnow for 40...came with a q holder...sweet! bought it for my original q and now use it for my verizon q9c.
  20. bluelitenin

bluelitenin New Member

gps?

I checked out buygpsnow and they have a few options very affordable, thanks. I take it I then need a program with maps and such for the Q?Unsure
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.