Verizon Q 9m Rumored Release Date

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by chris, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Good Find

Good find, but I suspect the GPS is the same old aGPS that the current Q has

As for WiFi, I think the disclaimer said it best:

So it doesn't sound like WiFi is built-in, and the MiniSD WiFi cards that I've heard about don't work in the Q due to power constraints.

Steve
  2. Eugene

Eugene New Member

I've seen threads saying that wifi didn't work due to power and others saying it was due to the OS. The spectec (minisd wifi) web site now lists the q9m specifically.
  3. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

that will be great if the wifi cards work in the q9m!!! cant wait to see!
  4. Eugene

Eugene New Member

http://www.spectec.com.tw/

The q9 gsm and q9m are listed right there on the front page. I sold some crap on ebayand have around $40 sitting paypal now so as soon as I get my Qm I can buy a card, I see them on the bay for around $40.
  5. qwho

qwho New Member

Is there a combo card with storage and wifi? I keep so much on my card, and for the most part, if I wanted to use wifi, it would probably be to download songs or large files, which I can't do without a storage card (assuming the rumors are true of the storage space on the q9m being about the same as the q).

If there was a card that could do both and not stick out horribly, I would definately drop the cash on it and the phone...
  6. mojohio

mojohio New Member

7. Eugene

Eugene New Member

I wonder if the SD spec allows multiple cards. The last PDA I owned used CF and CF is basically IDE which allowed two devices and I had rigged up an adapter which could hold two cards.
  8. Eugene

Eugene New Member

I think those specs are more dealing with the Windows OS supporting it than the hardware, it looks to be the same spec listing for all devices.
  9. clxa38

clxa38 New Member

no.... there are diff specs for different windows mobile devices. look at the blackjack, it doesnt have a "yes" under wifi.... so all the specs are irrelevant to the device.
  10. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Combo WiFi Cards

I haven't heard of any. There was at least one full-size SD card (from SanDisk) that combined memory and WiFi, but MiniSD may be too small to get both in (at least without sticking out a lot).

The left side position of the Q's MiniSD slot is pretty bad, I think, because that's one of the worst places to have something sticking out.

Steve
  11. mojohio

mojohio New Member

I can already see 1 difference in the specs: it says the Q9m has a 1.3 megapixel camera and I know the Q9h has a 2.0 megapixel camera. I would believe there are some other differences as well.
  12. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Multiple SD Cards

I believe the ASUS MyPal 632 Pocket PC had both an SD slot and a MiniSD slot. Whether you could put two cards in one adapter may be another issue.

Steve
  13. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Q9M vs. Q9H

Yes, the Q9h is the next-generation Q on GSM carriers. The Q9M seems to be basically the current CDMA Q hardware in a next-generation case running WM 6.

Maybe Spectec changed the WiFi card, so it may work with the Q9M (and maybe the current Q now). Or maybe the Q9M has slightly different hardware than the current Q.

Steve
  14. clxa38

clxa38 New Member

so.... GUESS WHAT? i read on another form (HoFo), there will be TWO cdma Q's waiting release by the end of the year. the Q9m, which we all know, will tbe the first cdma Q. the second will be the Q9c, the cdma variant of the Q9h. AWESOME!!!
  15. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

The plot thickens....:laugh2:
  16. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

So Verizon and Moto have chosen NOT to offer the WM6 upgrade which was offered free of charge on any existing WM5 device if they did the upgrade for free. Well I guess the answer is no but we will sell a "new model" with the same specs. If the Q9c is true then I say Verizon users should wait.
  17. Eugene

Eugene New Member

I just saw that myself, I asked Mr.dude to post in the q9m thread.
    A google search for motorola q9c brings up a page that says its for sprint and the m for verizon, but that same page says the q9m will have a touchscreen
  18. clxa38

clxa38 New Member

well AT&T will have two Q's.... verizon will have two Q's as well (i now consider the current Q and the q9m to be the same phone) haha
  19. Eugene

Eugene New Member

Well, he posted some info. There will be a q9m and q9c the difference looks to be all software, the c is a business version of the m and the difference are in the home screen and interface, so no big deal there, I'll take either.
  20. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Q9C Discussion

Since nobody has posted a link yet :)angry:), here's one to the HoFo Q9C discussion. Now everybody can see what the fuss is about. :wink:

Steve