Verizon Mobile Email by OZ

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by dowop, May 14, 2008.

1. txter

txter New Member

i just installed OZ but when i try to sign in for the 1st time, it says im unautherized to use it....
    what??
    i have an AOL, Yahoo, & Gmail.
    i am really only using my gmail latley. wasnt sure if this is working with gmail from the posts above
  2. dowop

dowop New Member

You raise a good point - if you want to sync calendar and tasks, then you'll need to use something like Wireless Sync. (I happen to think that there are better ones out there like mail2web because it is a real MS exchange server - and cheaper). Having said this, Wireless Sync actually POLLs your email accounts and will be slower pushing email to your device for providers like AOL and Yahoo then Mobile email then Mobile Email.

This is a comical discussion anyway IMHO in terms of how fast email comes to your handset. 99% of the PC client mail-readers (including those web ones) check mail on a periodic. For years we've become used to every 15 minutes or so ... now all of a sudden I need my Hoagie Specials delivered to my handset in real-time.

Use what makes you happy!

3. It worked, but not consistantly for the hr I tried it.
  4. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I'm currently new to the Q, and on the $29.99 unlimited plan with Verizon. I want to get my emails ASAP on 4 different POP accounts.... I didn't love the 15 min. minimum interval to check it...so I loaded PushEffect. Now, I get them almost instantaneous, and with the exception of attachment handling.. it seems to work flawless.

I am about to buy PushEffect, is there a reason I should look harder at this before I do?

Bozz
  5. your out of network txt messaging plan.
  6. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I have unlimited text messaging with Verizon. Anything else?

Asking because I am about to buy PushEffect unless I hear a reason to try this other solution.

Bozz

7. you unlimited out of network txt messaging?
    I only have 500 out of network, but unlimited in network text messages.
    just making sure because you could rack up charges really quick.
  8. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I just double-checked, and I definately have unlimited text messaging, both IN and out of network. Here is a print screen from my account...

[​IMG]
  9. Cool.
    I wasn't being picky, just wanted you to be safe.
    I pay 10.00 a month for unlimited in and 500 out of network.
  10. Bozz

Bozz New Member

Your help (and concern) is appreciated. I went to verify just to be sure.

PushEffect the answer for me?

Bozz
  11. Bozz
    Two things:
    1) yes I think its the answer.
    2) everytime I read Bozz, I think of Brian Bosworth, the former NFL'er who talked in the third person as THE BOZZ.
  12. Bozz

Bozz New Member

1. Thanks.

2. My name BOZZ came from the show "Riptide" -- remember the geeky hacker dude.... Bozz? He might have spelled it with one "z" I can't remember, but I've used it for years as my 'handle' all the way back to the BBS days.

I appreciate your thoroughness, I believe I will be purchasing PushEffect now.

Bozz
  13. If you could see how easy it is to group emails when they are "pushed" then I may buy it as well.
  14. WVOz1970

WVOz1970 New Member

So I am testing out the OZ Mail client. I'm finding it sporadic as well. I'm not needing true push mail, so it's not a big deal. If it saves on battery power vs polling with the standard email app, it's worth using.

Here's my question... am I getting dinged text messages for the OZ mail client? When I uninstalled, I didn't remove my accounts first, so I got a couple random texts afterwards with OZ mail notices. I've reinstalled the mail client for now. Just want to make sure it's not charging my text account. I don't text alot, so we are on a 250 total msg plan.
  15. Bozz

Bozz New Member

From what I am reading about this, it does NOT use SMS messaging, so it shouldn't effect your text messaging plan.

However, it obviously uses DATA... you had better have a data plan (like unlimited for $29.99) or you could rack up a large bill VERY quickly.

Bozz
  16. WVOz1970

WVOz1970 New Member

Yeah... I just switched from the $45 plan to the $30 plan and thought I'd try this new email proggie. So far, not too shabby. Again... if it saves battery, I'm all for it. Plus, it's actually better than Wireless Sync in terms of keeping mail accounts in separate mail boxes.

We'll see if I have any major issues with actually receiving mail.
  17. updates on how the app is working?
    any sms charges? in the fine print it said smartphone users sms charges may apply.
    I am going to give it another shot.
  18. JBK617

JBK617 New Member

For anyone looking for a good free push email I am currently using Seven (search for Seven and or push email for the link) It supports HTML email and best you don't have to wait 15 minutes.

Posted from my Q
  19. WVOz1970

WVOz1970 New Member

I am finding more and more that I do NOT like this program. As was mentioned by you'z guyz earlier, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how this thing checks and pushes email. While sitting here at my desk, the thing has chimed three different times in the last 30 minutes that I have email. And, when I look at the main screen showing my three email accounts, they all show a "new mail" envelope. I open the folders and there's no new mail in them. Next time it goes off, there is mail in one of them. And I'm getting an SMS from 11801...269 about once or twice a day saying "Preceding message was modified to comply with this handset. Media objects were removed." My backlight starts popping on at random intervals, also. I'm just about ready to nix this program and go back to 15 minute polling in the standard email program.
  20. Bozz

Bozz New Member

Thats kind of a bummer. I just recently started using PushEffect, and have been quite pleased with the exception of minor things that I didn't understand. I've straightened out most of that and enjoy it thoroughly... for $17.95 you can have push email! Make sure you have a stout enough text messaging plan though, because it uses them to notify your phone of incoming mail.

My mail hits my mailbox on my phone BEFORE it hits my desktop computer 99% of the time.

Bozz