Verizon Mobile Email by OZ

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by dowop, May 14, 2008.

1. cheri

cheri Active Member

I dont want to use it if it take up that much space. it would have to be super awsome

would like to know too since it would eat up that much space. Even on my card Im wayy more selective these days.
  2. very quick. quicker then using the default email app.
    It doesn't replace the default app when using the mail key.
    Inbox extender doesn't work inside the program.

Its not pushing the emails though.

I don't know what I have set wrong.
  3. how you getting it push the mail?
  4. dowop

dowop New Member

I just created a new account for both my AOL and Yahoo and off it went. There was nothing to it... send an email from another application to either of those two accounts and it is on my Q seconds after it reaches its destination.
  5. There is no deleted folder to empty.
    Only an outbox and draft folder.
    trying it with gmail and so far when I hit refresh its pulling all emails that are still in my gmail inbox.

6. Its not doing it for me.

I have checked off Keep my inbox up to date.
  7. dowop

dowop New Member

That's your problem. You need to turn that on and it will push to you without having to do an update.
  8. checked off meaning its checked...so it is turned on.
    What I did was delete my gmail account from the default app and now the emails are flying in, but all old stuff so far.
    is there a charge from verizon for this? I am liking this, but still have some refreshing to do to get the old emails loaded and deleted.

I AM LOVING THIS!!!!!!!
    IT IS WORKING GREAT NOW. I get the email about a min or two after I sent the test. Its not a robust program, but it works. Wish it could be remapped to the mail button because it doesn't show the emails in the email totals on your homescreen.

Actually problems again.
    Do you have to have the program running for it to get the emails?
  9. dowop

dowop New Member

By running, it needs to be in the Task Manager but it does not need to be active program in the foreground.

Ahhh ha... got an answer for that....

With the .cab file includes a registered Oz plug-in that can be added to your existing HomeScreen.. For example,

<plugin clsid="{D1552D11-9AEF-4068-8E99-B939E4A3A324}" name="OZ Email Plugin" height="52">
    <background>
    <format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT"/>
    </background>
    </plugin>

Shows an email folder and if you have new mail or not.

The .CAB file also updates some of the default VZW XML homepages like \application Data\Home\vzw.full.home.xml

I created a custom one a while back, and just added this plug-in right below the "iconbar"

Hope this helps...
  10. thanks. is it supposed to work with google no problems?
    I am getting hit or miss so far. some are coming in right away others not at all. and they all i am sending is the word test.
  11. OK.
    I'm bagging the program.
    Sent a few emails ten mins ago and nothing.
    I'll try again in the future.
    It was like a one night stand where we just never made it to the door.
  12. dowop

dowop New Member

POP access is timed at the server, but still pushed to your handset. It is no different then Verizon Wireless Active Sync. IMAP is a completely different approach and pushed in near real-time. I still contend that for Yahoo and AOL it is a fitting product.
  13. Gmail says to set up email as IMAP4, but this product just says enter your email address in and password. maybe its assuming pop for gmail?
  14. sherri

sherri Active Member

I'm keeping Verizon wireless sync...

Thanks, guys! You've convinced me that for $15.00 per month extra, I'm keeping the Verizon $44.99 plan. I love the wireless sync e-mail (never had a problem or missed a message - granted, it isn't "real" time, but it is quite fast). My favorite feature is the calendar. I have the papyrus program on the phone, and if I put appointment onto the VZW calendar from any PC, it shows up perfectly on the phone.

As much as I'd love to save the money, this is Long Island. If I can give up the Starbucks once a week, I'll have the $15.00! :wink:

15. OT ticket still wasn't in the system online when I sent in my pleas....
  16. Now I am getting sporadic messages from xxsdfxxblahlblahOZ.

What the heck could that be?Is it trying to push the mail to the program that is no longer installed?
    Master Reset #3 this week.
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

bummer... both on the app as on the 1 night stand :}
  18. dowop

dowop New Member

Sounds like you uninstalled the application without first deleting the accounts. Re-install the application, then delete the accounts, THEN delete the application.

This is a common problem with all of these push email application. The server has no idea if the client is loaded or even gone off the handset.
  19. yep thats what I did. I am on the phone with verizon right now.
    I read at crackberry.com that this is common.
  20. verizon was no help. Anyhow I did what you said and we'll see what happens.