Verizon customers w/Unlimited Data...FREE text!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Res-Q-Me, Dec 1, 2006.

1. KeithMotoQ

KeithMotoQ New Member

Ditto...

Tried the first time and was on the phone for 15 minutes with the rep. He said he worked there 5 years and didn't ever hear of such a thing.. He wanted a phone number of someone who had this... (of course I didn't have one). I gave him the 5 digit code and he said that was for a different area of the country. So I said I'd call him back.

Hung up. Dialed again, got a very pleasant lady who had me signed up within 2 minutes.....

Amazing... Well worth the effort to save $180 a year !!!!!

Cheers to all for the help,
    Keith
  2. sunshine328

sunshine328 New Member

what to do... what to do???

ok i just sat here and read this entire thread about this mysterious 2000 SMS allowance. i see pros and cons of it. but the biggest con is the fact that pix aren't included in that 2000. i get at least 20 a month. and i just recently went up to the unlimited in/1000 txt to others package. sooooo now i don't know if its really worth it to switch to that allowance... i easily go over 1000 txt msgs in a month.... any suggestions?
  3. MattB

MattB New Member

I think oyu pay $15 a month for your 1000 plan right? You would need to get 60 pix messages to equal $15. If you're only getting around 20 thats ony $5, you could save yourself $10.
  4. deejaygyro

deejaygyro New Member

PLUS 25 cents for every PIX message you send out too.

But.. you can email pics for free, and people can send you PIX texts to your email address from their phones, it counts as a text for them.
  5. acarter00

acarter00 Member

Ok...OK... After about a month I finally decided to go with this feature. It took 4 customer service reps and 1 tech support guy, but I am gonna be saving $120 / year. When they added the 2000 sms allowance feature, they disabled the MMS part of my phone. I had to call technical support to have them add it back on. I guess I don't send/receive as many MMS messages as I thought. Even if I go over 40 MMS messages a month, there is NO WAY I will go over 480 / year. Nothing beats the feeling like saving $$$!!!!!! :2cool:
  6. acarter00

acarter00 Member

It almost seems like there was some sort of "MEMO" that went around to Verizon Customer Service Employees. The reps that would not add it for me had similiar scripting. They all said that this feature was only for corporate account. When they notices that I had a corporate account, they said LARGE corporate accounts that use an Exchange Server. WHATEVER!!!! I have it on now and I'm keeping it. Looks like pretty soon NO ONE will be able to add this feature....
  7. MattB

MattB New Member

I agree, lets just hope they dont take it away from those of us who were lucky enough to get it.
  8. cw07

cw07 New Member

I just called to have this feature added. the first 3 people I spoke with weren't very helpful and told me this plan either did not exist or was a special promotion at one time or another.

However, I just called back again and spoke with a very knowledgeable person named Michelle, who informed me that the PDA/Smartphone allowance is for devices that can be used with MS Exchange Server that have a problem deciphering what is an SMS message and what is not. She said the Q's MOL2 update has fixed the issue with the Q and the plan is no longer availabe to add to your plan for this phone (it can technically be added, but it won't do you any good anymore). She also said that people who have it added to their plans now will actually start to be billed for incoming and outgoing text messages since this issue with the Q was resolved with the MOL2 update, and said that if you do not have the MOL2 update, your phone won't be able to tell between texts and data messages and you'll ultimately be charged anyway.

Just a heads up.
  9. acarter00

acarter00 Member

If I see a charge on my bill without prior notice....IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!!

....thanks for the heads up. :tounge:
  10. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

I second that!
  11. Res-Q-Me

Res-Q-Me New Member

How do you tell if you have MOL2 update on the phone?
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

this post may help.
  13. Res-Q-Me

Res-Q-Me New Member

I looked at that area. It doesn't say MOL2, so I'm assuming I don't have it.
    Mine says this:

Raido Version Q2-BP_C_06.OB11P.Q2 Portable
    RIL Version 2.000
    OS 5.1.195 (Build 14960.2.4.0)
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

did you want to upgrade to the most current ? just goto the update web site and it will notify you if there is a newer version.
  15. Res-Q-Me

Res-Q-Me New Member

is anyone still able to get this SMSPDA 2000 allowance? They are telling me it can't be done anymore. I had it, but they won't give it back after a phone switch...and they are charging me txt.
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Scott -n99hockey- was is trying..
  17. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea i still got nothing...but a few others were able to
    i guess it depends on who you talk to!
  18. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

did you try charm yet ?

:}
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

charm...eh...
    i was nice though...but a few more calls and i probably wont be nice anymore
    i hate talking to those people
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

remain calm & collective youngblood... did you try email ?