Verizon customers w/Unlimited Data...FREE text!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Res-Q-Me, Dec 1, 2006.

1. wailana

wailana New Member

Got mine...

Got mines today. I emailed verizon and let them know I needed the plan, blah,blah,blah and i receieved a reply this morning that the feature was added, yay!:laugh2:
  2. wailana

wailana New Member

I'd like to know, too!
  3. Res-Q-Me

Res-Q-Me New Member

My MMS works fine over the Q. I've gotten PIX and Video this way...and never had to go thru Verizon site.

I get charged .25 per PIX message...even with the FREE 2000 plan.
  4. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

Call verizon and enable pix msg

You will need to call verizon and enable pix msg. for whatever reason (at least this is what I was told) when the 2000 free text msg is added they automatically disable pix msg. Once I called and had it enabled I was able to receive pix msg. I do not get too many per month. Therefore, I went with the .25 per msg.

frank
  5. qwho

qwho New Member

OK I was skeptical of this, but wow, it really worked. Make sure you call it the right thing, the 2000 allowance, and if you get someone who is willing to look, they will find it and add it!:laugh2:
  6. casselquser

casselquser New Member

i just called. I even quoted what you all wrote. I was told it was a promotion; let me talk to my supervisor. He came back and said supervisor wouldn't let him add it. He said it was likely a "right place at the right time" Unsure kind of promotion. I guess I'll have to try again when a different supervisor is on duty, or maybe I'll try an email or drop into the local Verizon store.
    Thanks. I'll keep at it.
  7. ridiculogic

ridiculogic New Member

It always amazes me how much the person you talk to makes a difference. Just keep plugging away. Eventually you'll talk to someone who can hook you up. Good luck!

8. acarter00

acarter00 Member

The only thing keeping me from doing this is the $0.25 charge for PIX/FLIX. The 2000 plan only includes SMS messages....or at least that is what I was told.:angry:
  9. ridiculogic

ridiculogic New Member

yeah, but there's no reason you can't have a pix/flix plan on top of the free 2000 sms.

So long as you can find someone at verizon to add it to your account, there's no downside whatsoever.

10. MattB

MattB New Member

From what I understand you can not have a pix/flix plan on top of the 2000 text plan.
  11. acarter00

acarter00 Member

That is what I was informed too by 5 different reps tonight. I definately send/receive more than 40 PICS/FLICS a month, so I don'e think this is a good idea for me.:frown:
  12. mfirst

mfirst New Member

I am part of a corporate plan (but I have to pay for my phone out of my budget) - will this still work?

-michael
  13. mccarob

mccarob New Member

FYI: You do not need to have the unlimited data plan for this allowance. I am setting my Q up to working with MS Exchange, and I called and explained to them what I was doing and wanted to know if I was able to get this plan. The lady said as far as I know and added it on to my account right away for me.

I just dialed. *611, 3, 4, 2 and and 3 min later I was set and ready to go.
  14. casselquser

casselquser New Member

Ok - 2nd try email. Below is the response. Advice? Call Again?

Good afternoon. My name is Nicole, and I am happy to assist you today.
    In review of your account, I see that you spoke with a Customer Service Representative yesterday, 01/28/07. Although it appears as though this matter has been resolved, I have also included some additional information.
    Unfortunately, the 2000 PDA SMS package is not valid for the Motorola Q. If this package were added to your account, you will still be billed per message sent and/or received.
    We appreciate you taking the time to contact us, and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.
    Sincerely,
    Nicole
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service
  15. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

Unbelievable that one rep will add it no problem, and the next won't. Do they know what they are doing at Verizon? :shocked:
  16. acarter00

acarter00 Member

You know, this is how I see the whole situation with this topic. I love to save money...especially $120 a year. However, I love peace of mind, easy access to my phones capabilities and will pay for something if it is worth it. I activated the 2000 SMS free feature on my account and had full intentions of keeping it. However, as soon as I received my first PIX message I was not pleased. The message directed me to a website to view the PIX. That was it... I immediately removed the service and added the $10 a month plan. The 2000 plan is only designed for SMS (A.K.A. Text Messaging). If you receive a lot of PIX/FLIX messages (even from other Verizon users) you will be charged $.25 a message. I definately receive/send more that 40 PIX/FLIX messages a month, so this thread is dead to me. This is just my opinion, so don't think I am trying to sway ya'll. :2cool:
  17. casselquser

casselquser New Member

I am going to call back. I don't even send many SMS messages - so I have the $5.00 plan right now. Now I am after this deal for principle of the thing, it seems insane to me that this is an "up for discussion" kind of option. You are either eligible or not - it should not depend on whom you speak with.

"Not valid for the Motorola Q" & "you will still be billed per message sent and/or received" - I know both these to be B.S. thanks to you all.

Thanks.
  18. 90c4

90c4 New Member

Just called up and added it, deleted my $10 a month texts. Thanks!
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i totally agree and wonder what else they (as in Verizon) are keeping from me/us..
  20. deejaygyro

deejaygyro New Member

this worked on my 2nd try.

the first time, I was calling from work, and didn't know the name of the allowance, but after I got home and read the thread again, I called Verizon again and asked for the PDA/Smartphone 2000 sms allowance.

worked perfectly, thanks for the heads up.

p.s. my wife makes fun of me for going on a message board related to my phone, but I don't care because I saved 10 bucks a month