Verizon customers w/Unlimited Data...FREE text!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Res-Q-Me, Dec 1, 2006.

1. krhainosx

krhainosx New Member

I have the 2000 Messages plan which apparently was an old plan that dated back to Feb of 05, but you do NOT need the unlimited Data to recieve the plan. Its true, because I dont have an unlimited Data and I have the package, I just have Pay as you go Kilobyte plan if you call (for anyone) and they say you need a Unlimited Data package, ask to talk to a Data Support team.
  2. Jride

Jride New Member

They said I had to use MS exchange server to get the service, but I just lied and told them I was having my tech guys do that for me and that I wanted to take care of the SMS 2000 deal now to get it out of the way. Worked for me on the third try. Thanks!:laugh2:

Jride
  3. brookspw

brookspw New Member

Added it today with ZERO problems.
  4. BoneZQ

BoneZQ New Member

No cigar

I tried this 2 times and all they told me was about the other text message plans and it didn't work :( What exactly should I say to get it? I was like "I was told about a 2000-text message plan if you have unlimited data for your phone" and they were like ummm I don't see that on my screen and blah blah blah.. Didn't work.
  5. swagner

swagner New Member

Be sure to talk to pda/data support. Tell them you are switching to an exchange server and need the pda/sms 200 allowance added to your account. I did this 1/2 hour ago. It took the CSR 5 minutes of looking through everything, but he added it with no problem. I didn't really need it, but figured I'd get it added while I can.
  6. ridiculogic

ridiculogic New Member

Ultimately, you may just have to call back a few times. But eventually you'll talk to someone who hooks you up. That is, until Verizon changes the rules or something.

Good luck!
  7. ridiculogic

ridiculogic New Member

Hey krhainosx:

And how is it working out for you on the pay per kb plan? How much do you end up spending on data per month, and what sorts of data services do you use?

8. krhainosx

krhainosx New Member

Hey! Well the "Pay as you go" Data plan and to be perfectly honest? Sucks, you cannot view transmitted Kilobytes in a sense that, you cannot tell how many a certain web page has it could have 50 or 10,000 and you pay for each single Kilobyte and you do not know until you check. I use to have a Samsung i830 (Global Phone PDA) and (true story) was working on there Quick2net feature because its basically unlimited internet it only uses your airtime, but there was a billing mistake, and I received my phone bill that read.... "Data=700.00" don’t know the exact words, but I was billed $700.00 and I also called them back and... we had a talk... and it was resolved 25 minutes later.

Personally, ive tried almost all the plans and they all (Or at least when I had them) Have the same flaw, Pay as you go, 10mb per month, 20mb per month, you cannot view how many kilobytes will be transmitted, through a webpage. Take eBay for example, unless you have a client, if you try to view the page (1. it will take forever) but the reason it takes so long, is because of all the information... I need to stop talking... If you have to get a Data plan, get Unlimited, its the only way, to get the most out of your device and not have to constantly worry about this or that. The reason I have pay as you go is well because...... I have a BlackBerry 8703e (Waits for the sound of a gunshot)

I love the Q for its multimedia, I also love having specific separate devices, (I love my Q not really, but I like the device you know what I mean) But the BlackBerry was provided for me by my firm, for business reasons, and because I don’t pay for the device and usage, that’s why I have the pay as you go on the Q.
  9. brookspw

brookspw New Member

The following is a cut and paste of exactly how it shows up when I log in to view my account online under "my plan":

PDA SMS 2000 ALLOWANCE $0
  10. mombopete

mombopete New Member

Just tried it and it worked like a charm. Said a co-worker of mine had it and told me to get it.
  11. jay_envy

jay_envy New Member

Just called and I got it added on with no problems.
  12. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

Just called Verizon to add it. The lady I talked to did not have a clue, so she said she would check. She came back on the phone and said "wow I just learned something new today". So she hooked me up no problem. She said it looks like they give the allowance because when you use active sync with microsoft it sends messages back and forth. I have not done this yet so I am not sure what she was talking about, so I just said "yes sounds good."

Thanks for the Tip!
  13. Eric513

Eric513 New Member

Worked for me

I got a little resistance... but it worked for me! I'm pumped!
  14. walkerbrandonj

walkerbrandonj New Member

I called and had it added no problem. The lady had to look it up to tell me the details.

If you have a PDA and the unlimited data plan you get 2,000 free sms and pix msgs to anyone. Any msgs sent 'IN' are still free.

That rocks.
  15. acarter00

acarter00 Member

What's poppin' my fellow Q users!!!!??? I just called and added the feature as well, NO PROBLEM. I removed the $10 charge/month for 500 free sms/mms messaging service. However, she (Keshia) did state that it's a cap of 2000 free sms/mms messages. Whether it's in network or out of network, if you go over 2000 messages it will start to charge you. Just wanted to share that!!!! :laugh2:
  16. Eric513

Eric513 New Member

Contest to see who can go over 2000!

That's hilarious! I say we see who can go over 2000 in a month! LOL...
    (P.S. When you say there's a cap, you mean per month right? Not that I think anyone would ever appraoch that many, but ow you got me thinking its 2000 free per contract or something?)
  17. acarter00

acarter00 Member

Yes, 2000 messages / month. I don't think I'll even come close to that. We'll see though. This is definately good to know though. Just saved $10 a month!!!!
  18. scottk

scottk New Member

Everything Q users rock!

Less than 1 month ago, I was making fun of a co-worker who hacked his phone, telling him he would probably end up in jail one day for making nuclear bombs.

Then I got a Q and found this site... :smile:

I learned to hack, made some modifications, got Nintendo games, downloaded wallpapers, got help, and added 2,000 text messages to my account. All of this for the whopping price of zero!

You guys and gals are very cool. Thanks.
  19. acarter00

acarter00 Member

Too Good To Be True!!!???

Well, just had my first experience receiving a MMS pic message from another Verizon phone. The text message I received stated, "You've pot a PIX or FLIX message! To see it, visit www.vzwpix.com from an internet accessible computer & follow the directions." THAT SUCKS!!!!! This came in as a "TEXT MESSAGE" not a "MMS". So that means with this 2000 Unlimited "free" messaging package for the Unlimited Data Users, the "MMS" feature is disabled on my phone???? :angry: I'd rather pay the $10 a month....my friends send some pretty revealing pictures, and I don't want to have to go to the internet everytime one comes through!!!!! Has anyone else experienced this?
  20. erussell

erussell New Member

Just called Verizon Wireless and had my free 2000 text msg added! Thanks all!