Verizon customers w/Unlimited Data...FREE text!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Res-Q-Me, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Res-Q-Me

Res-Q-Me New Member

Verizon customers w/Unlimited Data...FREE text!

If you are a VERIZON customer, and have the Unlimited Data package...you can get 2,000 FREE (text) SMS messages per month!

Check it out at this thread:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/motorola-q/text-messaging-limitations-317.html
    (This subject is hard to find at it's current location, so I thought I'd repost it here to make it easy to find in a search)

I was skeptical about this myself. I've been with Verizon for many years, and can't remember getting ANYTHING FREE!

I called Verizon yesterday...told them I wanted this PDA/SMARTPHONE SMS 2000 ALLOWANCE. (Tech Support) verified that I was able to have it because I had the Unlimited Data plan, and sent me to another agent who could add it. The agent added it...no problem.

Great deal, give it a try! :laugh2:

Edit: Sorry...didn't see long thread already started under Plans!
  2. Jose

Jose New Member

Yes, it works. At two verizon wireless stores I was told they did not have such a product. Yesterday I went to another and in just a couple of minutes it was added to my services.

Too bad I rarely send/receive text messages
  3. Jose

Jose New Member

In spite of the fact that the rep at VerWir told me she had added the 2000 Txt message feature, I checked for the next three days. My account still showed .10 per text message.
    I went back to the store yesterday. Unfortunately the woman that waited on me last week was not at work yet. I was shuffled to "Bill". Certainly needed to go to charm school. He insisted that feature was only available if you were deaf and had a note from your doctor. I tried to tell him about the messages on this forum regarding getting this feature. His comment was something like "I can't be bothered with kids using the internet".
    I'll keep trying.

Does anyone have a Verizon phone number I can try?
  4. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

on your phone * 611

while on your phone dial *611...
  5. ozzysjeep

ozzysjeep New Member

This was my third attempt to get this free plan and it went through without a hitch.
  6. Jose

Jose New Member

Gosh, *611 does nothing on my Moto Q. Perhaps my setup is not correct. In any case, I did copy the promo code, and will call VWZ again.

Thanks for your prompt reply to my message.
  7. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

Interesting... on every verizon phone I owned it worked (and on my Q)... with out an issue...

frank
  8. gilbertja

gilbertja New Member

lol, damn kids and their spiffy Internet. It will never last like my 8-tracks have. :laugh2:
  9. davereed3

davereed3 New Member

free texts

Ok, so how does this work?

i already pay $4.99 for 500 msgs...will this 2000msgs take that off my bill then?

what is the promo code?

what is the product code?

do i have to call in or can i do it at a store?
  10. Jose

Jose New Member

Finally, I believe my "2000 Free Text msgs" has been straightened out. Each time I checked my account, it showed ".10 per text msg".

Yesterday, I called another local Verizon Wireless (local) and spoke with a very helpful gentlemen. I gave him the promo code and asked him to add this to me account. After checking his computer, he told me that feature was already on my account. I replied I would check my record again, and if it still showed ".10 per msg" I would call back. After still seeing the ".10 per text" in my record, I did call him back. He indicated that feature was a special feature and would not show up as an added feature on my phone.

Finally, after many phone calls, Verizon visits and much help from the Moto Q forum, it appears to be OK. Now to receive a text message and check it out.
  11. Res-Q-Me

Res-Q-Me New Member

IF you have the UNLIMITED DATA plan, just call them, ask for the PDA/SMARTPHONE 2000 ALLOWANCE to be added to your account. If they decide to give it to you...then just have them drop the TXT plan you have.
  12. davereed3

davereed3 New Member

i hope so

"if the decide to give it to me"??? sounds like we're dealing with some crooked company! haha

i hope they "give it to me", i'd hate to sick the EQ.com mod squad on them!

what are the chances of them not giving it to me?
  13. Res-Q-Me

Res-Q-Me New Member

Just a 5 minute free call to ask. Chances are gr8 you'll get it.
  14. ///Mike

///Mike New Member

I just called up a few minutes ago. The lady asked if she could put me on hold so she could check for the option in her computer. 30 seconds later, she comes back, says

"I found the option and added it for you. I also removed your old txt msging plan (500 IN txts, $10/month). Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

The call took about 3 minutes.
    I'm glad i found this thread :smile: .

///Mike
  15. Sprk Jonz

Sprk Jonz New Member

Text Promo Changed - For the better!

FYI - I tried doing this a couple of times when I first got my Q in August. I had the promo code and yet the reps had a hard time finding any mention of this option. They ended up telling me that I could have it but it only applied to Verizon service messages.

Long story short, when i just called it immediately came up on the screen for the rep (who had not heard of it) and I got it within 5 minutes. Seems that instead of it being just an obscure promotion Verizon has made it a standard option for Unlimited Data subscribers. Very cool....:laugh2:
  16. ridiculogic

ridiculogic New Member

Just called verizon now, and the woman on the line had no idea what I was talking about (neither did her fellow customer service agents sitting near by).

Time to wait 5 minutes and call again ...

EDIT: I JUST CALLED BACK AND TALKED TO A NEW REP. NOT ONLY DID I GET THE 2000 FREE TEXT MESSAGES ADDED, BUT I ALSO ASKED FOR AND RECEIVED A $10 CREDIT FOR NOT HAVING BEEN GIVEN THIS AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I GOT THE PHONE IN AUGUST!

THANKS FOR THE TIP EVERYONE!!!
  17. Res-Q-Me

Res-Q-Me New Member

glad it helped. I found out about it in another thread posted here. Thanks to those original posters.
  18. cap10mark

cap10mark New Member

Does this include pic messages?
  19. Res-Q-Me

Res-Q-Me New Member

Some have said so, but I don't believe that pics are included. Maybe we'll have an answer soon.
  20. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

From experience (bill) it does not

I can tell you from experience it does not... I added this to my previous months bill... I received three pix msgs and received a charge of .25 for each... I was told I need "pix" msg plan to avoid extra charges... for me... i do not get many mms per month and the cheapest plan is more than what I would pay on an individual basis...

frank