Verizon and "Backdating"

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by summit, Jun 11, 2009.

1. summit

summit New Member

Verizon and "Backdating"

Me : I think I'm over on my text messages. Can I increase my plan and apply it to the whole month?
    VZW: We can go ahead an backdate this for you!
    Me : So it will apply retroactively to the start of this billing cycle?
    VZW: No, it won't help you with your overages. It will go into effect as of today and you will charged a prorated fee.
    Me : How is that backdating???
    VZW: You are wondering why it cannot go back and make it as though your plan was higher since the start of the cycle?
    Me : That would be the technical meaning for backdating that Verizon has used in the past.
    VZW: I understand your confusion, but that isn't the definition now. We do that with voice plans but only cut out 50% of the overages.
    Me : Ah, that would be a partial backdate.
    VZW: That is also a backdate.
    Me : Oh, nevermind! Just change it!

Ah... NewSpeak is confusing...
  2. Richard713

Richard713 New Member

there are only three options that a rep has when changing the plan or feature .......

1 backdate-retroactive to current bill cycle ie. cycle is from the june 14th - july 13th plan or feature would show active as of the june 14th on next bill which means if you are over an allowance it would be covered if backdated........

2 on demand-change is effective as of the date chosen by rep this is dependent upon system limitations. but safe to say that if changed on demand then it is effective that very same day

3 furture date-change is effective on the date of the next bill cycle, future date is mostly done to prevent overage from proration on a change to a lower cost feat ie chng from 500 mssg to 250 mssg or chang to a lower min plan......

hope this helps......
  3. summit

summit New Member

Of course... except that according to the representative she would only do #2 but absolutely insisted that it was called a backdate.