Verizion Moto Q9C

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Max Headroom, Apr 29, 2008.

1. SuperJETT

SuperJETT New Member

It was a dedicated camera button on the original Q.
  2. dima

dima New Member

Seven pages of posts, and I still can't see the value of ditching the Q1 for the Q9-anything. (Assuming the Q1 works, of course, mine does, most on here don't, it seems)

Same slow processor, no hardware GPS, no Wi-Fi, no EVDO-revA, and oh geez, bluetooth DUN is gone in WM6 and since VZW tore out ICS, there's no BT PAN for a substitute either. At least so I am inclined to believe.

If anybody can contest and correct these presumptions, I'm all ears.

As for the keyboard, I hate it. Key action is ok, but it sits too low on the platform and I can't finger-type on it because it puts the phone's center of gravity too high and causes it to flop backwards right out of my hands. Space bar is too short now, and I can't thumb that while trying (and failing) to finger-type. On the other hand, the Q1 sits like a baby in mommy's arms, I can finger away and the spacebar fits perfectly under my thumbs.

I just looked at the xv6900, and wow, I can't finger-type on that thing at ALL (but then I hven't found where the keyboard on that thing is, yet :laugh2:)
  3. sulster

sulster Active Member

Ah. Well, my understanding of this thread was not that it was about the pros and con's of upgrading to the Q9c. I thought it was to discuss new gadget lust in and of itself... :smile:
  4. bugme~

bugme~ New Member

Does the Q9c for VZW also come with an extended battery like the Sprint and Altell versions?
  5. Will M

Will M New Member

You are incorrect. I can tether just fine using Bluetooth or the USB cable.
    I had the 6900 for about a week. Then decided to wait for the Q9c.

In the past month, I have owned a 6900, 6800(still own it), Q9C from Sprint and Blackberry Pearl. The Q9c still meets my needs the best. I'm just glad I didn't have to stick with sprint to keep using it.
  6. Will M

Will M New Member

No. It's a $50 add-on. I have the extended and the standard. So far the standard has been just fine for a full day of use. I just ordered a cradle from the store on this site. Once that gets here I will start using the extended battery.
  7. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc New Member

Does the 9c have VCast?
    I know the 9m did.

I just bought the LG Voyager, but I'm not liking
    the touch screen at ALL.

I'm still within my 30 days, so I am wanting to switch
    to the 9c. I had the original Q until I got the Voyager
    last week.
  8. Co-worker right beside me has the voyager (even the voyager headset). My wife has the voyager. both love them because of the keyboard.
    However, sales on the units has been poor and with the 30.00 data plan, my co-worker would have switched if he was in his 30 day window.
  9. sulster

sulster Active Member

Is there a Q9c review on the horizon? :smile:
  10. wmexperts.com
    phonescoop.com

but this is not a review of the verizon version.
  11. sulster

sulster Active Member

Sorry to be confusing. I meant, is there a review of the Verizon 9Qc on the Everything Q user horizon... :)
  12. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i asked chris and he said he wasnt sure if he could get his hands on one since hes on att

he has to hope that verizon or moto hooks him up
  13. sulster

sulster Active Member

Too bad the $100 deal is only on-line orders b/c I figure if I could talk to someone on the phone, I have a good shot at getting my additional $ off for my new every two prorated (I'm 22 months in) but I don't see that happening on an on-line order.

I am really pretty close to ordering. I've been jonesing for a new Q for a while...
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea i know
    i was hoping boygeniusreport.com or engadget.com would have had a review up but nothin yet
  15. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc New Member

I called the Verizon stores in the NNJ area, and non of them have the Q9c in stock. They are pushing the Curve.?.

However, I'm still going to return the Voyager and order the Q9C online.
    I tried to like the Voyager over the past week, just NOT my style.

Not to mention, I have the Apple iTouch iPod (not the phone) and
    the whole iTouch system is AMAZING. So going from that (and the Q) TO
    the Voyager, I was not impressed at all. Again, just a matter of taste.

I do wish the iPhones were on Verizon. I would NEVER switch to AT&T, or any
    other service.
  16. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I think AT&T still has a few years of exclusivity on the iphone. Anyway, I like having a phone that can handle even short drops...
  17. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

After my sobering experience with the vzw XV6900 I reactivated my Q1. I'm gathering up the courage to get the Q9C from vzw. The autodimming/brightening screen and the html email is what interests me most. I tried flexmail but it couldn't read html email though it was advertised as such. The Q1 is tough to read outside compared to my old Samsung i600 smartphone and I'm hoping the Q9 is brighter or less filter on the screen.
  18. faustus

faustus New Member

Switching from the original Q to Q9c

I bought my original verizon Q over a year ago and recieved alot of help from this site with the phone. I get the verizon Q9c tomorrow and was wondering if I can use the same programs that I used with the original q on the 9c? Thanks for your help!
  19. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

yep - I have all my old Q apps running without issue:

AE Button Plus, eWallet, Extreme Text, Facade,Google Maps, Live Search, Orange PlugIn, PhatSpell, PhoneAlarm, Pocket Informant, Pocket Weather, Resco Explorer, Resco RegEdit, Reset Button, Skyfire, SmartphoneNotes.
  20. faustus

faustus New Member

Great! Do you know if there any issues with home screens? The reason I ask is I modified a homescreen for my Q with my work logo and gave the files to everyone at work with Q's. One of our sales guys got the Q9m and it did not fit right on his screen. I didn't care at the time but now that I am moving to the 9 I'm worried.