Verizion Moto Q9C

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Max Headroom, Apr 29, 2008.

1. sulster

sulster Active Member

Yeah, congrats!! When can we expect the review? :D

-pot(boring old original)Q
  2. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Q9c on its way!!!

OK, so after calling about 5 times, I finally got someone to help me. I am only about 11 1/2 months into my contract (I bought the original Q last May) and I was able to get VZW to let me resign a new 2 year contract and buy the Q9c at promotional price of $149.

Now mind you though, I have had NUMEROUS problems with my phone and even swapped it out for a different one, only to have the same problems. I explained to them that I did not want to keep a phone, or be given the exact same one, only to be out of warranty in a week or two and stuck with a phone that didn't work worth a damn.

It was a lot of hassling and conviencing, but I remained calm and polite the entire time and they came thru for me.

Mine will be here via FedEx on Tuesday, I hope I don't regret this....

Jon
  3. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I reactivated my Q1 after returning the XV6900's in anticipation of a Q9 m or C. I like the color of the c better. Don't the Q9's use the same batteries as the Q1? I like my Seido 2100ma. I bet the rom could even port to the Q1. They seem so similar. Even the camera looks the same. The HTC took awsome pics compared to the Q. Sounds like the only "bug" in the Q9 is the predictive text that locks up the Q but can be turned off.
  4. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

You've got it exactly right. The 2100 battery will work on the Q9c, but you will have to purchase a battery door from somewhere. The Verizon version does not come with an extended battery or an extended battery door.
  5. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Maybe the Q1 extended door will fit the Q9 too?
  6. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

So where are all the reviews from those who have the VZW Q9c in hand????

Jon
  7. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

A couple of quick remarks about the VZN Q9c; my reference point ithat of having moved from an original Moto Q:
    • yes - it appears to be a repackaged Q9M without the music interface
    • I love the looks of the device... really impressive.Where the Sprint Q9c has chrome (or chrome like), the Verizon is shinny black. This is a phone for "grown ups" - more on this later.
    • Great keyboard
    • Internal storage memory: 51.82 MB; RAM: 51.81 MB
    • no gps
    • Google Maps "My Location" does not work - (there may be a hack out on this, but I have not had a chance to check)
    • this appears to support VZ Navigator, but I did not purchase so I cannot confirm
    • Office apps via Docs to Go (and it is super)
    • Screen brightness sensor -so no more need for Candlelight
    • I have yet to apply any hacks, but seems fine - I have not noticed any significant lags
    • I am adjusting to the dpad (again, i think this is more about me coming from the original Q) as I have mistakenly hit the action but when intending to scroll down. Practically speaking, i end up launching Internet Explorer rather than scrolling to my intended app
    • I hate the VZN start page, which is really a launching page for news, sports, weather (via weather bug) as well as VZ navigator & email. I will soon change to a default Google page.
    OK, time for a bit of a rant... had Verzion released this around the same time as the Q9m, i would have been very pleased (I say this as this is basically the same device). Rather, they have just released a device that has been available in other flavors for some time; all others are more full featured. It is still not the equal of the Q9H or even Sprint's Q9C with GPS. Instead, Verizon tried to push the consumer oriented M in response to AT&T's iphone. No doubt, there are probably plently users that made the move to the M (I myself almost pulled the trigger several times), but I never could get comfortable with the looks. I love the form factor, and the functionctionality of the Q & Q9, and MS Exchange push email. I also love Verizon's network and customer service - personally, I think that's Verizon's strong suite and appeal to business users. Their electing to push a consumer device on us was a mistake. For that reason, I seriously considered moving to AT&T for the Q9H. Instead, I decided to wait... and wait... and wait (with much comtempt) for the Q9C.

The above being said, this current offering meets my requirements as a self professed power (business) user... and looks cool/professional.
  8. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

9. JeffCarlin

JeffCarlin New Member

When you say 'original door' do you mean the black Q1?
  10. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

Correct - Q1 does not fit.

I presume the Q9m fits. I ordered an extended door for the Q9c from the Moto site Friday, but the order confirmation shows it as a Q9m. Now I can only find the Q9m extended door referenced as an available accessory; no Q9c extended door.
  11. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Verizon Q9c Memory

How much memory is actually on this? I have seen 3 different answers...

EQ Review says 128mb:
    http://www.everythingq.com/news/hardware/verizon-to-release-moto-q-9c-on-may-9th-20080508295/

Verizon Says 64mb:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3765

Wirefly says 256mb:
    http://www.wirefly.com/catalog/verizon_wireless/motorola/q9c/

Soo.... I would like to believe Wirefly, but that seems a little unrealistic!
    Verizon, seems the most realistic...
    But EQ has my trust, so we will see...
  12. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

RAM: 51.81 MB
    Device Storage: 51.82 MB

Attached Files:

13. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

how does vz navigator work if there is no internal gps unit?
    what would be the point of advertising that if you had to get an external gps
  14. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

Sometimes no words are better then words...

Well put!!!

Thanks,
    Jon
  15. JeffCarlin

JeffCarlin New Member

Can you point me to the VZW page for the extended door? The only mention I can find is for a door with a bundled battery.
  16. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

maybe www.cnn.cn
  17. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

I only found the bundled package on the Verizon site as well. Try the Motorola site:
    Opps - apparently the link above does not work. The part number is
    • SHN0810A
    You should be able to google it.
  18. JeffCarlin

JeffCarlin New Member

19. SuperJETT

SuperJETT New Member

Hey, I used one of those features, ONCE.

step 1: hold music button until home screen switches
    step 2: use q9m properly with regular home screen

:thumbup:

20. The 9m is rock solid.
    Doesn't the other q's have the same button which does the same thing, but its not as in your face as the 9m?