Verizion Moto Q9C

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Max Headroom, Apr 29, 2008.

1. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

I suspect that it won't be long before the Verizon ROM for the Q9c is avalable for the Q9m (think about it, you don't have to do any modifications at all; it's the exact same hardware). Sure, you still have to deal with the ugly maroon accents. But, VNav would be nice. And, I would love to get rid of that stupid music screen.

Speaking of which, I thought the music button was suppose to be a camera button on the Q9c. On Verizon's website picture, it's still a music button.
  2. sulster

sulster Active Member

I am about two seconds away from getting in my car and heading to the local Verizon store...

:)
  3. JeffCarlin

JeffCarlin New Member

Keep it in low gear...the 9c won't hit the stores until next week!
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yea drive really really slow
  5. sulster

sulster Active Member

Rats

Well. Fooey. In fact, I just got off the phone with a seemingly knowledgeable girl who said they were supposed to get them on Tuesday. THEN she came back and said their products guy told her they weren't getting them until they sold all their 9m's... oh my.
  6. JeffCarlin

JeffCarlin New Member

Their "product guy" needs to go back to school. The 9c will NOT replace the 9m; it's an additional product line. It DOES replace the Q1, which is gone from the web and most stores by now. All remaining Q1's in inventory should have been returned by this time. The exact date I heard for release to stores and customer service (telephone sales) is next Monday, 5/12. However, an individual store's inventory will depend on their normal date of shipment. My local store gets deliveries on Fridays, so they won't have the 9c until next Friday, the 16th.
  7. sulster

sulster Active Member

Dude, you are clearly ignoring the awesome power of the Products Guy. Just kidding, hopefully he will realize this when the phones start getting shipped. Apparently, my store gets deliveries on Tuesdays...
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

hahah the Product Guy is ALL knowing and ALL powerful:laugh2:

all hail Product Guy
  9. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

The product guy may know more than you think. I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon quietly discontinued the Q9m. I mean, how many Q9m owners actually use or want that stupid music screen?
  10. JeffCarlin

JeffCarlin New Member

Hey, maybe, but that's a marketing decision that the geniuses at VZW will make. My comment was in response to...
    ...and that's DEFINITELY NOT CORRECT.
  11. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Please allow me to set the story straight.

Motorola is no longer making the Q9m.
    The Q9c is currently available online and through the B2B channels at VZW.
    Retail stores will not be offering the 9c until on hand stock of the 9m has been depleted.
    Call it a replacement, call it an addition, call it whatever you want.
    The simple fact is the 9m is dead and 9c will be filling that spot in the VZW lineup.

On another note... I am within the 30 days of purchasing my 9m so Monday, I am sending it back and getting a 9c.
  12. JeffCarlin

JeffCarlin New Member

Just curious...what's your source re the 9m? I only ask because VZW pulled the Q1 weeks before releasing the 9c, but the 9m is still listed on their web site right above the 9c.
  13. Brent372

Brent372 New Member

Yes it is still listed, and will continue to be listed until there are no more available; However Moto is no longer making them.
    My sources include many people I work with at VZW.
  14. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

So I have had nothing but problems with my Q1... they have replaced it once, and now the damn thing contunues to lock up, reboot and now not getting a good signal. The tech guy told me that they will replace it under warranty with another Q. What will I get, a Q1 or Q9m?

I ask this because you say the original is no longer available, but they tell me that is wha they are replacing it with.

Jon
  15. My stores get them a few days before release, which usually is a Tuesday release date.
  16. Verizon still would have them in stock (as should Assurion) for replacement due to insurance, etc.
    I don't think the black Q moved well so that is what you may end up with :).

Employees rarely know whats going on with release dates. My friend is the regional manager in charge of hardware blah blah blah and he has trouble getting info. Unless you see their excel spreadsheet, then everything to me is just a rumor.
  17. sulster

sulster Active Member

Too bad the all knowing Products Guy doesn't post on EQ- he could clear this all right up.

:)

-potQ
  18. Will M

Will M New Member

I have been checking this site almost daily for info on the Q9c. Having been an owner of a Moto Q since the first day they were released, I was getting very anxious for the Q9c. I even tried to switch to sprint for 25 days, but that was just horrible.

Ordered my Q9c yesterday on-line. Really didn't expect to receive it until Tuesday. I was quite surprised when FedEx showed up at the office this morning with a present from Verizon. Way to go Verizon!
  19. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

ahhh - FedEx just delivered my VZN Q9c. Time to finally retire my original Q (silver) that I have had since its release, but which I modified with the black body.

John

20. Congrats to both of you on the new toy!!