Venting.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ParaCAD, Apr 27, 2009.

1. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

*Rant*
    The speed limit signs are not an age requirment to be in the speed lanes. Get the heck out of my lane. It's 65 and I'm coming.
    */Rant*
  2. txter

txter New Member

oh i love you THR. tell that to everyone i know. lawn mowers, kids in the pool in the yard behind me,, those damn birds, dogs, stereos, daylight, etc etc etc,
    then when you finally get out of work, your the loud one, right? were the ones who have to walk on egg shells. one of these days its go time.... all 2000 watts of my truck stereo in the driveway while i wash the truck. pots and pans galore as i cook. mabey a swim in the neighbors pool. borrow my brothers 3 german shepards that could pass for small horses. frisbee anyone?

*i feel better now*
  3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

HA !!! Yeah, yeah . . . but who goes 65 ????? :) -Q
    [Been on the PA turnpike lately??? :) ]
  4. Geekster

Geekster New Member

When we were first married & moved into an apartment (low cost, not the best place to live, just starting out & pretending we are rough camping it, toss coins in a pile to bet how far the curtains would blow into the room in the middle of the winter snow storm, etc) we unknowingly moved next door to a "lady of the evening". Our bedroom was her bedroom on other side of the wall. Her headboard was located on the same wall our headboard was. OMG!!!
    After about 3 nights my husband turned to me & said "I don't care how you do it, do whatever you have to do, whatever it takes, do not let that w***e get one minute of sleep tomorrow". When he left for work he would pound on her door & yell "Get a day job!" & whatever else he would think of. Same thing when he came home from work.
    After about a week she finally moved on. We were exhausted!!!!
    But we have always wondered about her stamina..... :tounge:
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Was on it friday,doing 85-90, like I was standing still.
  6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

LOL...then you'd get a "rant" from me. Drivers simply do not understand math and consistently and grossing overestimate the amount of time they save by speeding.
  7. txter

txter New Member

if they didnt want us to go that fast, they wouldnt make cars go that fast. come on grandpa, its the skinny pedal on the right........use it
  8. EQBob

EQBob New Member

LOL! There are about a dozen design principles that refute that idealogy, but I won't bore you <G>
  9. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Thank you .
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

oh no problem. anything you keep you and the other folks happy.
  11. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

Why in the hell do people move from a lane with nobody in front of them to the lane I am in. Then they slow down!

Or my personal favorite. Ride up on my behind 2 feet off my bumper, whip out around, then dive in front to take an exit. Watched a few miss it and gently park in the ditch. oopsie :)
  12. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Do you radio other trucks to piss them off?
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Here's one that happens in Texas all the time. People whip out onto the freeway from the frontage road, rev up to 70 or whatever posted speed is, then take the next exit, arriving at the stop light 1-2 car lengths in front of the person that stayed on the frontage road. There are some real mental midgets operating those cars. In a typical x-ramp configuration, you're on the freeway for maybe a mile max.
  14. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

yep, My main terminal is in dallas. I don't get why they do that either. Or why they putter along on the on ramp and ride next to you. Then once you move over they speed up. A few of those didn't make it either.

Of course we talk to each other on the radio. How else do you think we cone check so many cars trying to force their way in before lane ends. Nevermind the signs posted 5 miles back.

And by the way. A turn signal does not indicate the side you should cut me off on.
  15. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Didn't know you were in Texas, what industry, etc. Sorry.
  16. txter

txter New Member

my uncle used to drive truck. wind storm picked up his truck and tossed it. nothing worse than an empty trailer. he no longer drives but i have much respect for you guys and give all the room i can give you. i rode with him a few times. 18 wheels dont stop like a Honda Civic.
  17. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

I drive a truck cross country. Not the best job but it pays the bills
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Sounds like long hours. I couldn't stay awake during that much driving.

When we moved from there to here, I was talking to the driver a lot about their rig. I was particularly interested in the braking and jake braking as well as cubing out instead of weighing out for rollover considerations. After we were done unloading, he said let's take a ride. I walked around to the passenger side to hop in and he was there and he told me the best way to answer your questions is for you to drive. Told him I didn't know how and he said now you're going to learn <G>. Tossed me the keys and said Drive. <G> So we went up and down streets and turns and did some jake braking. We then turned down a road and it turned out to be a cul-de-sac. I stopped and said I think you better take over. He looked at me and said I didn't take this turn, you did. Drive. <G>. I onnly hit one garbage can and nudged it, din't knock it over <G>. So I have about 45 minutes in a rig, and certainly not at highway speeds, but it was eye-opening and something I've never forgotten.

As background, it was a husband and wife moving team, it was their rig, and this was their last trip. They were the top moving team in the nation for that company 3 of the lat 5 years. We really lucked out. There wasn't so much as a piece of dust on any of our stuff. We knew it was their last trip and we had bought them a little cake the night before they arrived with our stuff and we treated them to a retirement party of Wal-Mart cake and iced tea when they got there.
  19. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

haha.. sounds like they were old school. Nice to hear of another driver retire on their terms. Even at slow speeds it can be intimidating for a while. It's actually much easier on the highway. Untill you have a nut dive in front of you. It's pretty easy to loose sight of cars. Most of them have no idea or care we can't see them.
  20. txter

txter New Member

ya... my uncle said the best investment he ever made was in the camera he bougth to put on the back of his trailer. he owned his own rig but worked for some company. he did the cross country thing too. untill your in the cab, you have no idea how many blind spots their are.
    be safe out there