Variety of Questions!

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by dragonfist, Dec 27, 2008.

1. dragonfist

dragonfist New Member

Variety of Questions!

I have been to many sites about the Motorola Q looking for special features and everything but am new to the Motorola Q and don't understand a lot. If you have time to help me out it would be greatly appreciated! **I have the Verizon Wireless Motorola Q**

1. What are the steps to hacking the Motorola Q to get free WAP(internet) where it is used as minutes instead of data? (tethering) I've done the LG Chocolate now I need to do the Moto Q.

2. Also I know there was another thread on this question but I wasn't clear on the answer..with MMS, whenever I attempt to open a message a get two errors. One saying "ERROR: Login error. Ensure you have the correct login information and try again." and another one saying "ALERT: Could not receive all the messages." how do I fix this to be able to receive the message?

3. I have windows vista and am having a hard time putting music from windows media player onto the q how exactly do you do it?

4. In addition, while downloading games from this website how do I get them onto my phone? I have sat here for hours trying to do it but everything I try fails to work.

5. Also to get AIM on my phone how do I go to it? I had the Verizon LG chocolate and it had the app. Mobile IM. I just want to know where to find it on the phone.

Thanks so much for everything! :)
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

Good luck! Welcome to our family!!:laugh2:
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

there is a mobile AIM app that does indeed work on the Q
    in case you were wondering
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

Thanks, Scott! More "things" to keep me from doing real work!!:wink:
  5. dragonfist

dragonfist New Member

Thanks! how do I get to it?
    Also can you help me with any of my other questions?

Have a great Saturday! :)
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

google mobile aim. also sherri covered the other questions. you can also do some searches here for some answers.
  7. Hexx

Hexx New Member

On the games side of things... do you have a JBED application (Java) yet? You need to have this and within the JBED app install the games - just dump them on the phone and it will find them. If you need a JAVA emulator... just search a bit on the site.
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i think this is the link
    http://mobile.aol.com/aolproducts/mobile-aim

and sherri answered your questions
  9. vettegofast

vettegofast New Member

GPRS data is not free. They have to enable it in the cellular switch at the main office for your number. Dont ask me how I know. :wink: