Useless applications

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by EQBob, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Well . . . your Nappy would definitely have to be on fire to do THAT ! HA !! :) -Q
  2. turnerjazz

turnerjazz New Member

I know I may be ostracized from the Q world for saying this, but if I had AT&T I'd get an iPhone in a second.

I don't know if you guys have actually used an iPhone or just hated from a distance but after using one for about 2 minutes I loved it. I would miss a real keyboard, but that's my only real problem with it.

Go ahead and hate me but if I could chose between a Q and an iPhone it would be an easy choice for the iPhone. But I have Verizon, so there is no choice.
  3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

VZW's HTC Touch Pro ain't exactly chopped liver AND it HAS a keyboard AND a very nice & configurable WM 6.1 UI. :) -Q
    (2 U from my Q9n)
  4. braj

braj New Member

I'd love to have an iPhone but I don't like the contract. My main reason for wanting one though is for the iPod functionality (I buy iTunes videos so an Apple device is really my only option to watch them mobile.) I'll probably just break down and buy a Touch when then have BT audio support though. No matter how you cut it I don't think I would be comfortable giving up a kb for the current gen of on-screen versions, iPhone or WM or whatever.
  5. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

From your perspective you make a good and valid point. I suppose you have a Mac also? :) That said, I'm (as are so many) a died in the wool Windoze guy so WM IS my obvious choice. Yeah, "I'm a PC !!!" Hehehe :) -Q
  6. braj

braj New Member

Yeah, I definitely am not a Windows fan and got a WM device begrudgingly when my Treo 680 died. I like it enough, but definitely am looking to a next-gen OS. I'm a Mac user but don't want/buy everything Apple sells, so I'll keep my options open for my next device. Maybe a Pre, I dunno. I think my Q9h has a lot of life in it though, it's a champ :laugh2:
  7. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

May it serve you well. (Next - get a NAP !!!! :) ) :) -Q
  8. braj

braj New Member

What's a NAP?
  9. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

A Q9 Napoleon. Like a Q9c on steroids. Limited production and only distributed to "certain" government agencies but now available through some channels. It's the Ultimate Q! :) -Q
    (2 U from my Q9Nap)
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

ha. limited production equals pre-production runs ir engineering samples. no support, no warranty, no updates ever, sold on the sly by people who walked out of motorola with them. its not exactly the rosy picture you paint. if it works for you great, but that path certainly isn't for everyone.
  11. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Well, Bob, never having one and enjoying it's superior performance certainly qualifies THAT unfounded "sour grapes" opinion, but you are entitled to it. You saying that the thousands in the hands of the FBI and Homeland Security agencies are pre-production? HÀ is right. You might want to get your facts straight, man. Why would one criticize something that they have no first hand knowledge of? I'll never understand folks who do this. :) -Q
    (2 U from my Q9Nap)
  12. EQBob

EQBob New Member

<sigh> You ought to put one of your hands back down onto reality.

Point 1: Every post that has ever been on here and in the news has said that they were produced in the few hundred range for pre-production engineering samples. Nothing that I've seen has ever been posted stating that there are in fact thousands in the hands of the FBI and Homeland Security.

Point 2: You and several other zealots of the Q line continue to advocate new users getting one when there is no path for support, uprades, etc. There's a distinct problem getting them activated, hence the thread on that topic that runs for hundreds of posts, the ones from China won't activate, people are lying and calling them other things to get them added, (then boo-hooing when VZW goes after them for theft of service--all documented in threads by the way, which you've posted on). There are hardware problems with the 3.1v, you have to send mysterious PM's to some user to change and activate things on the phone for you, etc. All documented on posts out here....

Point 3: If the above represents a ready made, by the thousands product, it's no wonder Motorola is buying the farm and VZW didn't pick up the phone. These problems shouldn't be occuring on a consumer-ready product. You're an extremely tech savvy user. In your posts however, you show limited capability however to step outside the advocacy (or admiration) of the product and understand that it may not be right for everyone. The only exception I've seen is your postings on the alarm software thread stating to consider using recurring tasks rather than buying an alarm program, which is a good idea (although with one caveat).

Point 4: You have no idea if I've seen one or not, played with one or not. Don't make assumptions you can't back up. You may be right....or you may be wrong. You weaken your posts by making assumptions.

Point 5: You and I have VERY different opinions about many threads. And that's perfectly fine. Both are valid opinions from our prespective. Mine is hardly unfounded and certainly not sour grapes, merely different than yours. That doesn't make it wrong.

Conclusion: You appear to be enamored, and that's great, but the Q9N isn't for everyone and there are numerous other purchase considerations other than great hardware, *if* you find the right version on ebay. That's what I've stated and what I will stand by.
  13. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

That ALL would be "hear-say" for you. <SIGH> You have now personal experience with the Nappy. When you do, critique with some credibility. <SIGH> :) -Q
  14. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Sheesh....Obviously a discussion on merits and reality is going nowhere. Consider it closed.
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Jeeeeeez. why does it always have to come down to who has the bigger set of stones? If you roll the dice and get any phone to work for you, that's great. It's just a phone, not the cure all to the nation dept. Opinions are just that and don't need to be justified. Talk about a useless app, this is a useless post....again.
  16. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

THAT'S YOUR opinion !!!! Hehehehehehehehe . . . :) -Q
  17. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

okay..downloaded & installed the app. After 30 min and 1/2 a battery later it has yet to light my cigarette.. FAIL!

:)
  18. sherri

sherri Active Member

^^^Wahhhhaaaahhhhaa!
  19. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

what about the fart machine?
  20. EQBob

EQBob New Member

you know my brother in law??