Used Moto Q9n pricing

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by kray_zie, May 9, 2009.

1. kray_zie

kray_zie New Member

Used Moto Q9n pricing

Hey guys,

Just curious, how much would a used Q9n cost these days? Thanks a lot fellas... :tounge:

kray_zie.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

there are a couple in the marketplace forum...you could check those out for pricing or ebay for pricing
  3. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

That's a pretty difficult question to answer given the number of Napoleons available is very small...perhaps 3-500 total units in existence.So the supply being very limited will likely keep the price fairly high, at least for a while.

The new Naps can be had for around $300...if you can find one.

Are you on Verizon? The Napoleon is a Verizon branded phone but is quad band and can use an ATT or Tmoble SIM in the US.

I know from reading your posts in the Q9h with WiFi thread that you are primarily interested in the WiFi capabilities of the Napoleon but there's a lot more to consider about whether this is the right device for you, given it's an unreleased phone with no support from any carrier and very limited supply of batteries and accessories etc.

It's a really beautiful and incredibly full featured phone but you really have to undertake the responsibility for all maintenance and repair upon yourself if you decide to get one.
  4. kray_zie

kray_zie New Member

Thanks for the quick reply guys, really appreciate it. Yeah, primarily interested in the WiFi capabilities... of ANY phone for that matter. ;)

I've switched to the HP iPAQ 910c couple of months back & although it's a feature-packed phone, I find that I prefer the WM 6.1 Standard OS more & dread missing calls as the phone's ring volume is pathetically LOW! I've tried a Blackberry 8320 & I didn't like the "plasticky" keyboard feel, also on the iPAQ. And texting with sweaty/oily hands after a hard day's work didn't help either, thanks to the slippery surface. What I love about the Q is its wide rubbery-feel keys which makes replying emails a breeze... & from my experience, I can definitely text faster than these two combined! I'm aware of the risks involved in using a pre-production prototype & prepared to go ahead with it.

I'm in Singapore by the way guys so NO, not on Verizon. Hehehe. And how do I get my hands on one? Well, a friend of mine working in the States will be coming back soon & he has one to let go...
  5. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Whoever you buy it from ask for a guarantee on activation as there are some issues and a long thread about it in this forum.
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

True, but that LONG thread is about activating on Verizon. Sher already said she is not on Verizon. Has anyone been able to activate on another carrier? I know one member uses AT&T and he says it works...Just curious!:smile:
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

As long as the phone is unlocked, I believe you won't have a problem activitaing it on any gsm networks. With VZW, your MEID number is required (this is where the problem occurs). On a GSM network you just slide the sim card in. I have used my nap on 3 different carriers on 2 different continents - no problemo!
  8. mick4394

mick4394 Member

It may interest you to know that the keys of the Napoleon are smooth plastic. There is no rubberized coating.
  9. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Sherri, the original post is regarding pricing, and the Q9n phones that already have their MEID in the network are worth much more than the ones which can not be activated.

On the AT&T activation, yes I tried it and it works fine. You have to set the mode to GSM Only in Settings. Mine asked for a SIM unlock code the first time I tried it on an AT&T card and entering 12345678 worked fine. A SIM card from Trinidad worked without any code at all.
  10. sherri

sherri Active Member

Thanks, wnrussell! Since the OP doesn't need to have it activated on Verizon, she can probably buy one of the "less expensive" Naps without the MEID in the system, correct?
  11. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Yes indeed! It is truly a "World Phone" and from reading CellZealots post stating she is "primarily interested in the WiFi capabilities of the Napoleon", it's a really great phone because the WiFi even works while the phone is deactivated from any carrier.

Actually, it picks up the best available connection, so when I go downstairs at home it picks up the WiFi and runs faster than the EvDO connection. Also, the standalone GPS we have found works like a TomTom if you have a data connection off network.