USB stereo headset anyone?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by bigtimegames, Jul 10, 2006.

1. bigtimegames

bigtimegames New Member

USB stereo headset anyone?

I bought a Motorola SYN1301 that should be compatible with the Q but it doesn't seem to work. The Q doesn't switch into headset mode, not sure if I need to configure something.

Has anyone tried one? I may just have to return it as defective..
  2. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

I have tried a few. So far no USB headphones worked. I am assuming it won't since the Q has a 2.5mm stereo headset jack.
  3. pauljcote

pauljcote New Member

I am on travel up in Wisconsin and stopped in a Radio Shack where the manager told me a bluetooth stereo headphones would not work with the Q. I thought it would. I noticed it is sold in the store so do you think a bluetooth stereo headphones would be good with the Q?
  4. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

Oddly enough, the only stereo bluetooth that is stock in most Radio Shack stores are the Motorola HT820s, which are advertised by Motorola as being compatible with the Q. I own the Motorola's and have tested the Plantronics and Jabra bluetooth stereo headphones with the Q. All are a success.

Tell the Radio Shack rep that your Q handles A2DP and AVRCP bluetooth protocols (both supported by the Moto HT820's). If he has that look on his face like he just remembered he left his oven on, then you know he has no clue.
  5. surround

surround New Member

I just bought a motorola branded usb headset, and it didn't work. Any way to get these to work? It actually says it works with the razr.
  6. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

USB headsets do not work with the Q. You will need a 2.5mm 4C headset. If you are looking for something in a store, the Jabra stereo headsets (C120s/C220s) work great.
  7. FreebeDJ

FreebeDJ New Member

I bought my Jabra BT620s from Buy.Com for about $86 and free shipping. I went with the Jabra because the advertised battery life seemd a bit longer than the Motorola. I have been using the headphones for the past 3 days with no problems both for stereo music and answering/talking on the Q.

However there are a few minor considerations:
    I wish the volume would go a little bit higher
    and I wish they would fit a little better when wearing sun glasses !
  8. SDMahan

SDMahan New Member

While the Motorola HT820s are louder, the Jabra BT620s are a little more comfortable. The Jabra's were my preferred stereo bluetooth headphones for a while before I finally decided to keep the Motorolas.

Any headphones with that design are a bummer with glasses. Especially when the glasses are wide around the temples, like my Oakleys.
  9. Montero

Montero New Member

Bluetooth Stereo Earbuds?

I notice that there are a couple of iTech earbuds on eBay (what's with the lower case first letter, eh?) but don't know anybody who's used them. That, and the fact that we're talking a seller in Hong Kong ($40 for shipping?!!!) is a clear reason to not take a chance on those specific examples of these earbud systems. HOWEVER, I would be interested in this kind of product, since I would like to use the phone as an music player, as well as a phone.

Besides, I like the fact that, as for phone usage, they're essentially pendant earbuds; I don't really want to look like I belong on Star Trek. Only goes to call attention to my really strange pointed ears and scowling eyebrows.:thumbup:
  10. Montero

Montero New Member

Philips VOX130 Bluetooth Clip-On Earbud

Found these on-line, as well, though they seem to be just single ear bud (more the traditional set for hands-free telephony) and not stereo headset.

I like the discrete look, though. And I keep seeing them really cheap (under $40).

Does anybody know if you can interchange stereo earbuds for the single one on this?

Not a lot of info on line (even on Philips USA's site), so I don't know what to make of these.

Anyone?
  11. Snarl

Snarl New Member

Can any1 tell me what are the best bluetooth headphones to use with the Q?