USB Headphones

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by farley90, Jun 2, 2007.

1. farley90

farley90 New Member

USB Headphones

I mistakenly bought the headphones that plug into the USB port of the Q, as they advertised that they were compatible with the Q. I cannot get any sound to go to them. Is this how it is, or is it possible to use these headphones with my phone?
  2. jomarie12010

jomarie12010 New Member

usb headphone...a no go

Hi,
    I've never posted before but on this subject I can tell you that the usb headphones did not work on my q either! The people at the Verizon store sold me the music kit with the headphones and I took it all back the next day. You need to buy either headphones with a 2.5mm plug (smaller than an iPod) or get regular headphones with a standard 3.5mm plug with an adapter. Not sure where you can actually buy the adapter, but I know from reading the forums that people here have them.
    Good luck!
  3. toenail

toenail New Member

i was gonna ask this question as well... wondering if anyone know the answer to this question... "can usb headphones work on the moto q?" i have motorola mini usb stereo headphones and would love to get them going but want to make sure they they will not actually work... some sites say they would work, others say they wont.. just wanna see if anyone had gotten them going? i just hope someone gives the answer i want... or at least some third party software to make this happen...
  4. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I don't think any 3rd party software is going to allow porting music through the USB as I believe it's a hardware issue.

The Seido Stereo Adapter here at EQ works well with all 3.5mm wired headphones. If buying elsewhere be careful as some adapter are setup with 2 black rings and 3 contacts and won't work. You need the 2.5mm side to have 3 rings and 4 contact areas (stereo and mike) and it's been pointed out recently that some of these might be wired differently and should be tried before buying. Safe bet are the ones that appear advertised here or stick to Bluetooth and forget the wires.
  5. mehoff88

mehoff88 New Member

??

I wonder if anyone is going to reply to this...I wasnt aware that such a thing exsited. Are these headphones you can get from your local wal mart or what?