USB Device Not Recognized???

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by brandi1026, Sep 13, 2008.

1. brandi1026

brandi1026 New Member

USB Device Not Recognized???

Not only do I have a new phone, but also a new laptop so am running Vista and having to use Windows Mobile Device instead of ActiveSync. The first couple days I had no problem syncing the phone to the computer, but now no matter which USB port it is plugged into, I get a message on the computer saying USB Device Not Recognized.
    I tried plugging the phone into another computer and still get the same message. I know it's not the USB because my iPod connects with no problem. I'm wondering if it's the cord, but can't figure out why it worked last night and all of yesterday. Anybody else have this problem?
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

may be the cable, try deleting the partnership on pc and Q then see if it will find it and re-sync
  3. brandi1026

brandi1026 New Member

I deleted the WMDC and the drivers for the phone reinstalled then reinstalled WMDC and that has seemed to do the trick. Not sure what went wrong or really why that fixed it, but not too worried as long as it's working.
    Thanks!
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

glad you got it working, reinstalling WMDC was the next step
  5. firecracker37

firecracker37 New Member

Sometimes simply restarting the phone and the PC will also fix this problem. I think WMDC is still sort of buggy.
  6. macho

macho New Member

help!!!! i have win xp and does not recognize my Q9h!!! tried everything and do not know what to do
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

replied in other thred..