Upgrading to Windows Mobile 6

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Nick Danger, Mar 13, 2007.

1. dbpaddler

dbpaddler New Member

any idea of threaded SMS will be in WM6 since the third party programs are no longer viable?
  2. imagness

imagness New Member

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know when they are releasing WM6 for the Q?
  3. qwho

qwho New Member

4. happilyeverafter

happilyeverafter New Member

5. gmardre

gmardre New Member

It is not going to happen people. Remember the MOL updates. Multiply that experience by 10. So, if everyone upgrades, then no phones work, we all take them back to VZW, and they give, mind you GIVE us a new phone. Doesn't seem likely. I'd get over it.
  6. mhhd

mhhd New Member

7. gold_tramp

gold_tramp New Member

That photo shows a new version of the Motorola Q. Look at the lower left of the phone. The mic pickup on a Q (current) is located at the bottom left of the phone. In the photo, the mic is located next to the most lower left button. Close, but a new front case design means new phone.
  8. dbpaddler

dbpaddler New Member

no it doesn't. prototypes often don't match the final product. Doesn't mean it's a new phone. And with the Q9 coming out, why would they make a new Q? The Sprint Q has a case made from different material than the other Q, so does that mean it's a new phone too?

9. gold_tramp

gold_tramp New Member

dbpaddler,
    I should have said "I believe it is a new phone", rather than making a definitive statement. I think that by moving the location of the mic, and maybe other internal componets (?), they are demonstrating a new phone. If it was just a different color or different material, I would agree that no significant changes were made. Just my opinion.

gold_tramp
  10. dbpaddler

dbpaddler New Member

actually...I'll apologize because it does technically seem like a new phone to some degree, though it doesn't really seem to make sense as a new release. But back in February they announced the Q gsm along with the Q9. Here's the article: http://www.windowsfordevices.com/news/NS9254715999.html
    [​IMG]
  11. ximpostrxx

ximpostrxx New Member

well on the Yahoo Go! 2.0 DL Page they show a Silver Q which they call the motorola q and they show a black Q caled the Motorola Q PRO... look
    http://mobile.yahoo.com/go/phones?os=wm
    scroll down until you see the silver Q n the Q PRO is next to it... wen i saw it i said wtf, and dismissed it but mayb i should look into it...
  12. dbpaddler

dbpaddler New Member

well considering the mic pickup is still in the same spot as the current Q and not the new Q GSM, I can't imagine it's going to be some new CDMA version when they don't even have the Q9 listed as coming soon and that's actually been announced. but who knows at this point.

13. rewen

rewen New Member

So... Windows Mobile 6 is available for download on bittorrent networks. I see it's been customized to work on certain models. I have it sitting here on a folder on my PC but I'm not sure I want to jump at installing it since I don't want to go about setting everything up again.

But basically what I'm saying is that regardless of whether it's offered, we can have it. It might work just fine from the files available to download, or, it may need to have some edits to work with the Q properly. Who knows.

Someone must be willing to try it. Anyone wanna test? Anyone experienced enough to mess around?
  14. gmardre

gmardre New Member

15. damnyooneek

damnyooneek New Member