Upgraded from WM5 Q to WM6 Q - Where's the "Find Online" option

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by mlhc, Sep 11, 2007.

1. mlhc

mlhc New Member

Upgraded from WM5 Q to WM6 Q - Where's the "Find Online" option

I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 email system at work. I just upgraded from an older version of the Q to a new Q 9m and now I'm missing the "Find Online" option when I compose a new email.

On my old Q I could enter the first name of someone at my company, click on Menu, and Check Names. It would list the email addresses in my local contact list and give me an option to "Find Online" which would search the GAL on my Exchange server.

On my new Q with MW6 the Menu, Check Names is there but no "Find Online" option.

Am I missing something simple or is the option gone in WM6?
  2. Qdog

Qdog New Member

It is now called "Company Directory"
  3. mlhc

mlhc New Member

Thanks, but I'm not sure how to get to that. I found a couple of links about the "Company Directory" option but I don't seem to have it on my phone.

Is there something I might have missed in the setup? I am able to sync email and calendar items via my OWA.
  4. Qdog

Qdog New Member

You have to select Contacts -> Menu and then you should see Company Directory. If at that point, it is not present, my guess would be to contact your Exchange Server Admin as that function might not somehow be supported???
  5. mlhc

mlhc New Member

I tried that an "Company Directory" just isn't listed.

My old WM5 phone worked and the new one will sync emails, it just won't pull the GAL. I talked to my Exchange admin but he's not sure how to enable or disable the GAL feature on the newer WM6. I was hoping it was a setup problem on the phone side.

We also have a Blackjack WM5 and Treo WM5 and they all work fine. It's just this WM6 that doesn't have the option.
  6. igotaq

igotaq New Member

if you are syncing COntacts OTA using activesync then that "find online" or company directory should show up.
  7. Qdog

Qdog New Member

I had the same functionality as you with my Q and I didn't do anything unique, when I configured my Q9m, so best of luck.
  8. mlhc

mlhc New Member

I did a factory reset on the phone and went through the setup again and had the same problem. I then called Verizon and talked to their Tier 3 support and had a conference call with Motorola support and they both told me that the phones were new, they couldn't figure out how to enable the GAL lookup feature, and the Motorola guy even thought it was a feature that had been removed.

I'm wondering if it's a service provider or firmware issue. My phone is a Verizon phone and is running:

Windows Mobile 6 Standard
    Radio Version NL-BP_C_03.20.0EP, Nelson Portable P3
    RIL Version 2.000
    CD OS 5.2.1238 (Build 17745.0.2.3)
  9. Qdog

Qdog New Member

Your firmware noted above is the same as mine, so I am not sure what to tell you....
  10. mlhc

mlhc New Member

Qdog, you also have Verizon and Exchange 2003 SP2?
  11. Qdog

Qdog New Member

I also have Verizon, but actually not sure what version of Exchange my company is running, but I am pretty sure it is not 2007 as the event flags in calendar are not working, which as I understand is a requirement.