*UPDATED 08/19/07** Playing SEGA GENESIS On Your Q!!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by IDontKnowOfficer?, May 16, 2007.

?

Rate this article from 1 to 5

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

30.8%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

15.4%
  5. 5

53.8%
  1. IDontKnowOfficer?

IDontKnowOfficer? New Member

You shouldn't be experiencing sound problems? Do you still have a problem with the sound?
  2. Lord$peed

Lord$peed New Member

I have picodrive 0.5 I believe and it sometymes works but it'll eventually crash my q9c...certain roms do it but besides dat it works faster than pocketsnes on mine
  3. blackmage

blackmage Member

i plan on getting a q but with cricket service will i still be able to play nes sega snes on it?
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yes....why wouldnt you?
    this has nothing to do with your carrier

-Sent from my Q9c
  5. blackmage

blackmage Member

ok i got everything to work but it keeps saying tget is a trial i don't want to be inturpued every 5 minutes?
  6. blackmage

blackmage Member

Where do i get FileDialogSP.dll i cannot load a rom i have the exe on the card and art of fighting bin on the card when i go to load it i highlight it and nothing happens?
  7. blackmage

blackmage Member

ok i got everything saved to my storage card and can play games but sometimes out of no where it just shuts down and i have to go back to pico drive and re do my settings then resume gameplay is there a problem? its reallyannoying il be in the middle of game then boom i'm back at my boondock saints home screen?
  8. dbosse

dbosse New Member

Thanks

Sega, this is going to be so cool. Good thing i'm the boss at work otherwise i would get fired now. Can anyone help me with a different problem? When using my q on my orders website i need to use the tab key but i can't seem to find it. Using the arrow keys i just can't get to the specific spot i want to on the website. Can any help me?
  9. Nirvana09

Nirvana09 New Member

I hate to resurrect a dead thread but I have a problem. I've installed the program fine and I can run any game so far nicely and it looks great but when I play games, I have horizontal lines moving back and forth my screen. They stop when I pause the game. I'm not sure why it does this, but I'd like to figure a fix. Is anybody else having the same problem?
  10. tgrider

tgrider New Member

link

i need to get that tgetfile.dll link!

11. Nirvana09

Nirvana09 New Member

12. motoq9h

motoq9h New Member

new picodrive with sound link failure?

i clicked on this link >http://www.uploading.com/files/AM9X9...Drive.zip.html for the new picodrive version with sound and it said this Sorry, the file requested by you does not exist on our servers. It could occur for the following reasons:
    - Check up the URL, probably you have entered the incorrect reference to a file
    - Probably the file has been removed for infringement of the rules of our service
    - Probably the file has been removed, as nobody requested it for more than 30 days

< did i click on the wrong part of the page alittle help please?
  13. Nirvana09

Nirvana09 New Member

Try this one. It works with sound for me.

http://www.freewebtown.com/bbland/Files/PicoDrive.exe
  14. motoq9h

motoq9h New Member

Thank you very much

Thank you for that link i can play games now
    but i was wondering if its normal to have 2 or 3 thin black lines in the center of the screen while your playing games?
    and if so is there any other version of picodrive or other emulator that does not have this?
    if possible do you know of a site that has alot of sega genesis roms?
    i got mine from dr x's 16 bit genesis archive and some of games i got from there dont even play at all.
  15. Nirvana09

Nirvana09 New Member

About the black lines, I had the same problem. I reported on it a few posts back. As for now, there is no solution. As you play though, I forget about them, although they are annoying, As for Roms, I recommend using RomNation for single games or some BitTorrent site if you want to download games in bulk. Of course you are going to need something to put it on and the 130MB onboard storage wont be enough. I recommend this. It's Kingston's 4 gig microSD card. For $11.99, Its a heck of a deal. I bought 2 and can say they work great with the Q.
  16. motoq9h

motoq9h New Member

i went to rom nation for the genesis roms
    and the file format their roms are is - 7Z File ?
    and iam not able to play any of their games
    the file format iam currently playing games with is - SMD File,
    that i got from dr x's genesis archive

how can i d/l and play romnations rom file format
  17. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

its cool q9h, u just have to open the 7zip file just like you would do a .zip or a .rar. and then take the rom file out of it
    i personally use winrar because its free and it opens alot of formats
  18. Nirvana09

Nirvana09 New Member

19. motoq9h

motoq9h New Member

is there any way to configure the pocketdrive so 3 buttons will work at the same time

because in some games you are not able to shoot diagnal which makes the game play twice as hard
  20. jluva

jluva New Member

I have installed picodrive and tgetfile.dll but I still cannot select a rom. The list never shows up for "load a rom". Any ideas?