Unread Message Alert

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by JFoxtrot, Dec 3, 2007.

1. JFoxtrot

JFoxtrot New Member

Thanks for the link... when I get home from work tomorrow I'm gonna down load it and try it on the Q9h. I'm battling a terrible cold, I have no energy to tinker with the program and phone tonight, I'm heading for bed.

Thanks again for all the info... I'll check back tomorrow.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

having a darn cold myself... to the extend i stayed home today. anyway... any luck ?
  3. johnnywishbone

johnnywishbone New Member

Works great!
    Had a little problem gettin a sound to work (the one it came with is awfully annoying). Website said it needed to be a wav, but every wav a tried gave me an error. Anyways, finally got one to work and everything's running smooth.
    Thanks again rb
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

cool.... and we established it is a feature not on the Q9 ?
  5. johnnywishbone

johnnywishbone New Member

well i sure can't find the setting anywhere, which i still find weird since - as i mentioned before - every other moto i've owned had the feature.

And am i wrong, or did you or someone else mention that other q's actually have the feature? cause that just makes it even weirder! Why on earth would they remove a handy option like that? frickin motorola.

btw, hope you're feeling better!
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i know mine (Q1) definitely has that option... and yes, it would be ridiculous to take a option like that off.
  7. JFoxtrot

JFoxtrot New Member

I installed the alert program and had a similar problem getting the sound to work. The initial .wav files were files I converted to .wav ... once I used one I got via the web it worked fine.

Only issue is that today it seemed like my battery used more juice during the course of the day then it did before the program was installed. Nothing like the poor battery on my old Blackjack. I got going at about 5:30 am and now (5 pm) I'm about at 50% - 60% battery left, where the last few days I was around 70% - 75%. I also installed a bunch of other stuff including that game pack from Motorola... I'm thinking one of the games may be running in the background. I wish windows mobile had something like windows task manager where I could view what is running and what resources it eats up.

Thanks again for all the info... it's much appreciated.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

very odd.. but at least there is 3rd party software.
  9. JFoxtrot

JFoxtrot New Member

I fixed the drain problem... one of the games I downloaded I was playing and didn't exit it properly, I left it paused... LOL.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

ouch... glad you found the culprit.
  11. WPG

WPG New Member

Under start, Home Screen, Home screen layout, you will have to pick at&t Instant messaging and then you will have Text messaging notification on your home screen, plus you will have a message icon show where your contacts is normally. Now i will say, i dont like the location. I have a list:
    Xpress Mail(20)
    comcast(14)
    yahoo(1)
    gmail(7)
    Xpress mail calendar
    Voice Mail
    then under all that mess
    Text messages (11)
    I do get a sound for each notice, but nothing that i ever notice.
    I would perfer a notice on the top of the screen with the BT and 3G located. something like that.
    But you may have already knew this option. But thought i would share what i figured out.
  12. mexiken

mexiken New Member

I think they are referring to the fact that if you have an unread message or call (this was with my Moto IZAR AKA V3xx) if would beep at you or vibrate at you, or do nothing at all. This option is missing on the Q9h. I have not been able to find it either.

My remedy ???? I just turn up the ringers louder so I don't miss the sound, even if I'm busy at the moment =)
  13. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

program called don't forget. there's at least one long thread on it for sure including a link. free, fully customizable and very reliable. use search to find it here on EQ.
  14. thomasshawn

thomasshawn New Member

sorry, phone took me to last page. went back and reread annd saw rudeboy had beat me to it on 'don't forget'. hope it helps.

Shawn