Unread Message Alert

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by JFoxtrot, Dec 3, 2007.

1. JFoxtrot

JFoxtrot New Member

Unread Message Alert

I recently purchased the AT&T MOTO 9h. I have only been playing with it a few days but like it a lot more then my previous smartphone, the Samsung Blackjack.

The one thing I cannot figure out is how to turn on the Unread Message Alert. A forum search said to use START > SETTINGS > and it can be found in there but I can't find it, I've looked through that whole menu. I have to be missing something. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Start - Settings - Unread Message Alert...

posted on the Q.
  3. JFoxtrot

JFoxtrot New Member

I don't have Unread Message Alert under the settings menu... that's why I'm really confused. Actually, under START I have to go through > SYSTEM TOOLS to get the >SETTINGS menu. I scroll through the entire SETTINGS menu there is no Unread Message Alert to click on.

Is this somehow moved in the AT&T WM6 version of the MOTO Q 9h ???
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i can't confirm that since i don't have a Q9, but considering you went through the entire Settings menu it must/might have changed..
  5. JFoxtrot

JFoxtrot New Member

I appreciate the info... someone with a Q9 might catch this thread. I'm gonna keep playing with it and will post if I find the answer.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hmz.... i Google'd it and this is what i got back:

[SIZE=-1]
    but for some reason, i can't get on Qusers.com at the moment...
    [/SIZE]
  7. JFoxtrot

JFoxtrot New Member

I did the same exact google search and I can't get on qusers.com either. It must be down... I tried my laptop and no luck there either. It's not a major thing, I'm just trying to get the phone all set up to my liking. Since the AT&T version is new it'll probably take a while for info to get around the web. I am noticing that there are some menu changes compared to previous versions.

Thanks again.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

just to make sure (while waiting for Qusers :} you did push More - More a few times to get to the last screen of Settings right ?

and where the heck are the other Q9 users... c'mon gals/guys.
  9. JFoxtrot

JFoxtrot New Member

Yea... I went through all the screens... 4 in total. I'm looking through the user guide (.PDF) that came with the phone. Pretty useless... not a lot of info in it.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it's just the oddest thing.... and nobody w/ a Q9 chimed in (yet).
  11. ibcop

ibcop New Member

I have the Q9H (ATT Global), and I do not have the settings mentioned. I go into "settings", then to "more", and once again "more". The only option to pick from is Windows Update.

To make it easier, here is what I have under settings: 1. Phone, 2. Sounds, 3. Profiles, 4. Text Input Settings, 5. Home Screen, 6. Clock & Alarm, 7. More

Under More: 1. Connections, 2. Security, 3. Remove Programs, 4. Power Management, 5. Audio Enhancement, 6. Accessibility, 7. More

Under More: 1. Phone Accessibility, 2. Regional Settings, 3. Owner Information, 4. About, 5. Phone Information, 6. Packet Data, 7. More.

Under More: 1. Windows Update

Hope this information will help.
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

this might help the OP out, thanks.

ps. have you been able to find the Unread Message Alert anywhere ?
  13. ibcop

ibcop New Member

No, nothing yet. Everything I have found related indicates we are SOL when it comes to the alerts. I have an alert that uses the "F" word a couple of times and it got me in a few red faced situations. It was mentioned here on another thread that PhotoContacts Pro 5 is the way to go. Just released the updated version at www.handango.com
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it just seems very odd that that feature would be taken off the phone completely... Qusers.com is back up but that link takes you to the FAQ's about the Q1, i believe.
  15. JFoxtrot

JFoxtrot New Member

I was just over at Qusers.com and found a thread where an AT&T Q9h user has the same issue. It appears that the ability to turn on message alert has been moved to another menu in the phone (or sub menu) or it does not exist in the phone ? Which... I find very strange... going back 10 years my old phone had unread message alert...
  16. johnnywishbone

johnnywishbone New Member

This could be my biggest pet peeve with this device. I have had motos for years and every other one - that i can remember - had this option. I hate that if i miss a txt or email the phone doesn't beep to notify me.
    Now i'm sure that this ain't it, but if you go to settings--->sounds, you find near the bottom, above 'call drop tone', something called, 'Service Tone' ?
    Any clue what that is?

Such a silly thing for motorola to leave off the phone :(
  17. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no it's not the Service tone, that's also on the Q1 and i think it's when you loose service, it notifies you.

sounds (no pun) like you guys needs 3rd party software like Dontforget to setup a reminder if you miss a call/msg..
  18. johnnywishbone

johnnywishbone New Member

that program looks awesome
    exactly what i'm looking for
    Thanks rb!
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

no problem.... let us know if it works on the Q9.
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

@ Foxtrot; in case you missed it, look here..