unofficial list: The SD Cards That Do/Don’t Work With Windows Phone

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by soundPCM81, Nov 11, 2010.

1. soundPCM81

soundPCM81 New Member

2. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I wonder if there is a noticeable difference in performance between Class 4 and Class 6? I would assume that getting a Class 6 would be the best option.
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Not according to that list. There are a few class 6 cards they list as non-operable. I can speak from personal experience that the 32GB SanDisk Class 2 is not recommended. Next up for me is probably a Kingston 16gb class 4.

The question I have is, "How much data do people have on the cards that are a. working b. not-working" I wonder if there is a correlation between a card that's got a sufficient amount of storage used. On my 32GB, I had about 20GB of music. Plenty of extra space, but also plenty used.
  4. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Member

I have a Centon 8GB Class 6 card in my Focus. I have about 7gigs left, so it is using the card. It has performed flawlessly. I installed it at the AT&T store on Monday, before I setup the phone.
  5. termleech

termleech Member

I've got the SanDisk 16GB Class 4. I've got about 12 GB left of free space so it's definitely using the card. I have had no issue on it so far and have been using it for about 2 days now pretty heavily.
  6. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Member

From what I have been reading, there are several other performance figures that matter more than the class rating. Apparently, there is a large gap in performance between cards with the same rating.
  7. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Now I'm hearing it's difficult, if not impossible to reformat the card? Someone said Windows 6.5 can reformat it?

Geez, this is one big mess.
  8. Randall East

Randall East New Member

Update: Switched to the 16gb Sandisk from Best Buy today and the phone is responsive, holds data on soft reboot and all seems good. Its currently on sale for around $50.
  9. termleech

termleech Member

That is the same exact card I have (the 16GB class 4 SanDisk from BB). I have had it in for almost a week now and I have had no issue. You shouldn't notice any.
  10. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Member

Just an FYI, I switched to a PNY 16GB Class 2 card yesterday. So far, so good. No performance issues, rebooting, or data loss issues at all.

I also formatted my previous Centon 8GB Class 6 card using a friends Nokia 5230. This is an S60 5th Edition based phone. So, there is hope on both fronts.
  11. pinoyken

pinoyken New Member

So after reading the article on the home page.....microSD cards that are now compatible will be branded "Windows Phone 7 compatible?"

Hopefully they got these cards right.
  12. sjk3102

sjk3102 New Member

I had a san disk class 2 16gb card from att installed at time of purchasing and seems to be fine.