Unlocking A T & T

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by grubby, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Oh ABSOLUTELY, that goes without saying and why I said proceed with caution, save some headache down the line or at least try.
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Very true indeed. But as guardian pointed out, karma has a way with balancing things out.
  3. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

If I had not seen it as sure as I am typing this right now that karma does that, I wouldn't believe it either. Let me share something with you, my wife was coming home from work and comes to a red light. Some girl on the phone chating and texting doesn't realize the traffic is stopped and tries to brake too late and bam hits her in the back and pushes her into the intersection. Luckily no pedestrians were hurt or her with cross traffic.

Comes time for the insurance company to do their thing and they have everything they need to conclude that my wife was not at fault and that the other side should pay for everything. The girl tells her insurance company (even though at the scene said she was at fault) that I didn't hit her, she backed up into me. I mean come on, are you kidding me?

Our insurance said that unfortunately if we want to call her bullshit (which they knew it was) it would cost us too much and we rather just pay for your damages, we still won't hold you responsible and she will have to deal with her own insurance to fix her stuff. I was very sore and upset with this, my wife crying and saying I swear I didn't do what she said and I said I know but nothing we could do really.

Two weeks later my adjuster calls and says that we sent out the customary request for restitution even though we weren't expecting it and they sent us back a picture showing her car was totalled in another accident, get this, for running a red light and getting cliped by opposing traffic while talking on her phone. They paid our insurance company, sent us an apology and my wife was vindicated.

Now, I am not so petty as to want to wish anyone harm but come on, if that aint karma, I don't know what it is, I don't believe in coincidences.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Wow... I'm sorry you and your wife had to go through that. But glad to hear that everything worked out at the end. :smile:
  5. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

same here, especially that I had just replaced her bumper with a new one and cost me $275 to get it installed and painted, it was her Christmas gift since it was "bruised" if you will and then bam this happens, its like are you shiting me? I at first thought, what did I do that karma is pissed at me and I would say in the end it worked itself out I guess. Live and learn.
  6. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

I'm with *you on this one, for sure!

Give it any name you want to, there is that something that 'balances' everything, every action, every reaction out.

Not a good experience for you or your wife, but a wonderful affirmation of this 'karma' thing.

My own personal twist to such things is a phrase, life and experience, lead me to coin:
    "Things happen for things to happen"

:2cool:
  7. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Exactly, it comes in many names and different beliefs but in the end works out the same. When I was doing my graduation paper at UCLA for my philosophy minor, I wrote simply "the universe has a way of balancing itself and it comes in many forms...to each person it is known by different names and has different powers...in the end though it all performs the same function. In this we are all equal in belief and faith in a greater power..."
  8. grubby

grubby New Member

I talked to Rudeboy & he said that he hasn't got a fix for me. If anyone knows how to unlock to any network (Like they have in France) then I'd be grateful.
  9. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Have you tried contacting your carrier and asking if they can get it for you ???? The carriers usually just take your IMEI, and ask Moto for it.
  10. grubby

grubby New Member

I've just called Hutchinson3G & they're about as much help as a chocolate fireguard. So I'm still looking for unlocking codes people.
  11. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I don't know why everyone says that its so easy to get it from the carrier because frankly I have never met a single carrier that wasn't a complete dick about this and they don't easily give them out. but heck maybe I am the only unlucky f*** on the planet to have experienced this and gotten a**holes. Good luck.
  12. alexeyge

alexeyge Member

I've read that if I install WM6.1 update on my European q9h it will be locked to AT&T. How is it possible with the IMEI number of my phone not registered in their database? They will not even know how to unlock it :)
  13. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

Let me throw this into the fray here! Good morning, all!

After the 6.1 update (SOFarSoGood!) my Q9H is locked to AT&T.
    I have the unlock code for my phone, given to me by AT&T.
    The procedure to unlock involves, inserting a non-ATT simcard, which will make the phone ask for an unlock code, which is when I punch in the code.
    I have done this previously, when I used the phone in India, and it worked fine.

But at this time, I do not have a non-ATT sim card available to me.

Q:
    In this case, anyone know how to unlock, using the unlock code, without a non-ATT sim card??

:2cool:

R J
  14. grubby

grubby New Member

OK with some more investigation I have now sussed out how to unlock the phone from AT&T. I've had to give my IMEI# to a company that advertises on Ebay, it looks like they get in touch with someone that they have on the inside in Motorola, give them the IMEI# & then they get the code to give to me.
    Cost to me.....£%.50 including the postage from the states for the hardcopy of the code. The code itself is also accessible via their site after a period of time too, but they also send you a hard copy anyway.
    This is the company's Eshop.
    http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/pro-unlocker/
    I hope this helps out other people in the future.
    Peace......Out!
  15. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

Do they explain or tell you the process of actually unlocking the phone with the code they provide?

That's what I am after. I have a locked phone. I have the unlock code. How do I unlock the phone?

:2cool: R J
  16. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Can't you just borrow a coworker's or a friend's non-att sim card? Find someone with a T-Mobile phone; they use sim cards.
  17. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Do they exist anymore ???? LOL. :tounge:
  18. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Haha... I know huh? Well lucky for me I have "1" coworker that's on T-mo. Everyone else has att or sprint. That's how I got my phone unlocked.
  19. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

Lucky you!
    I have the fortune of working from home. That explains how and why I am on on this forum so often!! So no co-workers angle. I'll have to hit upon a neighbor I can find who is not on ATT!!

Having said that, I would like to know how the previous poster would unlock the phone armed with just a code??

:2cool: R J