Unlocking A T & T

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by grubby, Jul 28, 2008.

1. grubby

grubby New Member

Unlocking A T & T

Hi, I live in England & I'm on the Hutchinson 3G network. I need to unlock my phone so the question is does anyone know the codes to do this?
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Call your carrier. They should be able to give you the unlock code.
  3. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I am sorry if I am in the wrong here since mine is not locked I might not know but isn't the unlock utility the same that has been posted by many, including rudeboy on his software list and I think a few others too. If so a search on this forum should yield its location and you can try it and see, if not, I apologize for saying anything :)
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

if the OP talking about unlocking the device to allow for regedits... yea rb has aeconfig on his apps page

if he is trying to unlock the phone to get it on his network then you might have to contact the carrier for the code..
  5. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Got it...:w00t:
  6. grubby

grubby New Member

OK I'll contact hutchinson today & see what they say. Thanks for the info guys.
  7. n99hockey

good luck
    keep us posted!
  8. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

Sorry to throw something else in the ring here!

I was going through Rudeboy's apps list and came across: HTCUnlock-CVS.zip

Would this not work at 'UNLOCKING' the phone, as OP requires??

:2cool:

9. n99hockey

that is like AEConfig
  10. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

That's what I was initially thinking and n99hockey clarified that it only works for certain things and not unlocking the network limitation which the OP seems to need. :)
  11. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

Thank you both for the clarification.

12. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Also, looking at the title, I'd assume its only for HTC phones.

HTC are almost a brand of its own to program for.
  13. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

@ Mexiken

I thought so too. But then why would Rudeboy list it in his 'Q apps' list?
    Which made me turn to google! And you are right, couldn't find anything to show that it would work on the Q9H.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Also, in my travels, I came across this site [Unlocking ] - probably one of zillions - (disclaimer: i have never used them and am, in no way, connected with them!) which unlocks the phone OTA for around $8.00.

Not bad, if it works?

14. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Its listed because its a list of apps he has found useful or someone has found useful so its there for whoever needs it, not necessarily for everyone's need or use. :)
  15. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Doubt it does. Thats a quick way to make 8 bucks too. Doubt anyone would try to fight it. Its only 8 bucks, not worth the fight for most.
  16. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I don't know specifically about this vendor or even most but I did have an old Sony Ericsson AT&T locked phone which I needed to use with market SIM and I gave the guy my IMEI and paid $10 and he sent me the unlock code and it worked. So that was my experience but I have only done it that one time and I found him ironically and of all places on eBay. :) So proceed with caution if you do, as mexiken said, its not a worthy fight if you get screwed but leaves a bitter taste.
  17. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

IMO, I would trust the vendors on ebay more readily than different sites. At least on ebay you can check the vendor's ratings to see how reliable they are. And you can always dispute purchases on ebay if you get screwed. To me $8 is still $8. I could use it for something more useful, like lunch or 1 and half gallons of gas. Yah, I know... I'm cheap :tounge: but I always want the most for my money.
  18. mexiken

mexiken New Member

True, hell, I'd fight the 8 bucks too. But most people wouldn't. 80 bucks, or 800 bucks, yea, but usually not 8. Thats not even an hours time at work for most people.
  19. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Agreed, pretty much the reason I did it on there because there is a small measure of protection with them stepping in. I agree even a $1 is still money and I dispute everything when I can but sometimes me losing 3 hours of my life at $70+ is not worth to recover it, just saying :) Not cheap at all, I am a man of principle myself and feel that no matter how little you should step up but sometimes you have to choose the lesser of evils. I have found that as long as you operate honestly and honorably, even if you get screwed karma has a way of balancing things.

EDIT: As I was typing I guess mexiken was posting too and in a way made my point for me, thanks :) not every battle is worth fighting and not every battle worth fighting you win, so weigh it, decide and move forward, just do it so that it leaves no regret.
  20. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You're right, some things are really not worth the fight if you get screwed over it. But my point was to at least try not to get screwed in the first place by purchasing only from reliable or proven merchants.

And yes, I believe in karma as well.