Unlock the Security on the Samsung Jack

Discussion in 'Samsung Jack' started by n99hockey, Jul 2, 2009.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

2. goodwill221

goodwill221 New Member

Hi
    Thanks for sharing. It is one of the important things we must learn. There are many software versions to help us unlock and the information provided in the video is fabulous.
  3. myskrill

myskrill New Member

I've been reading through the AT&T forums about the Jack and apparently, you should uninstall clear security (SOTI Mobile Control in the remove programs list) after you unlock your phone. You no longer need the program after unlocking and apparently, it sucks a lot of battery power running in the back ground.

I don't have any outright verification, but lots of people claim removing the program helped their battery life. I just removed it so it's a little early to tell...

I will report back.
  4. n99hockey

i suppose as long as the program isnt running in the background it is ok to have on the phone

check
    \windows\start up
    and remove the SOTI program from there and it shouldnt run unless you start it
  5. DrRoyal

DrRoyal New Member

Bonehead alert

The first time I tried this, and it worked.

Just one problem, on the Security Configuratation Manager, I forgot to select unlock before I pushed the Provision button.

So, what was chosen? Yes, you guess it... Lock.

So now, when I run the Security Configuration Manger, it seems to be stuck on 'Querying Device Configuration' (that's what it says in the status bar).

Any way to get this thing app-unlocked without taking it back to the AT&T store?

Dr. Bonehead Royal
  6. n99hockey

perhaps a reset
    not sure what its called on a Jack but on a Q its called a Master Reset or Master Clear
  7. DrRoyal

DrRoyal New Member

Oh snap

Did the master reset, but not master clear.

When trying to run clearsecurity, get the following msg.

Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.

Should I try the master clear?

Dr. Bonehead
  8. n99hockey

i suppose
    if you do just make sure you back up your data on the phone since it will be erased
  9. ap1

ap1 New Member

Link not working...

The link doesn't seem to be working any more. Which software was it being linked to, and maybe I can find it somewhere else?
  10. n99hockey

11. Three1Five

Three1Five New Member

I went through the process, downloaded all the files and everything but when i go to change the connection, the new part that allows you to connect to media net never shows up. and then when i try to run the MobiControl on my phone it says, The following components are missing: PkCtrlSv.dll please soft reset device and reinstall... what do i do?
  12. Krunk_Kracker

Krunk_Kracker New Member

Microsoft’s Security Configuration Manager isn't working. I'm on Windows 7 Pro x64 and I can't get it to work, it starts up but immediately errors out. I've ran it with administrator privileges and also in Windows XP compatibility.

Any ideas?
  13. I637 Newbie

I637 Newbie New Member

Hello, you can call me Dr. Bonehead Royal#2. I just did this EXACT same thing!!! I'm a newbie and now because of doing what was listed above I cannot get my Security Manager to connect with my device in attempts to try and send the 'unlock' over. I didn't see that this was ever resolved by the remaining posts. Any idea on what I now need to do?????
  14. I637 Newbie

I637 Newbie New Member

I made this same mistake, what do I do to fix?

The first time I tried this, and it worked.

Just one problem, on the Security Configuratation Manager, I forgot to select unlock before I pushed the Provision button.

So, what was chosen? Yes, you guess it... Lock.

So now, when I run the Security Configuration Manger, it seems to be stuck on 'Querying Device Configuration' (that's what it says in the status bar).

Any way to get this thing app-unlocked without taking it back to the AT&T store?

Dr. Bonehead Royal#2
  15. shobazee

shobazee Guest

fabulous

Thanks for sharing this useful video...There are many software versions to help us unlock and the information provided in the video is fabulous.
  16. RichS

RichS Member

Anyone know how to resolve the following message when clicking the provision button on the MS Security Configuration Manager:

"Your device configurations is two-tier prompt. This configuration does not allow you to install certificates on the device. To change the configuration on the device, or get a development device, please contact your mobile operator".