Unanswered questions about the merger.

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by privatepublic, Jul 11, 2009.

1. privatepublic

privatepublic New Member

Unanswered questions about the merger.

Lets jump right into this.

I have a moto q 9c with alltel.

As I type this Alltel/VRZN is switch my billing info and such over to VRZN.

I have WM6.0 and was wondering if my phone was going to be on the verizon network?

After everything is final will I be able to flash verizon WM6.1 on my phone and it work after w/o changing much? Or does hardware play a role? I tried searching this but kept getting lost in the "how to flash verzion then switch to alltel" threads.

I'll post back if I think of more questions.
    Thanks everyone!
  2. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

ok, since this merger has been going on for the last seven months, from what I understand Verizon has to actually get federal approval before all the networks can change over. IF this is the case than you will recieve a letter in the mail saying that your phone is now on Verizon networks. If you did NOT get this letter, then you are still on Alltell network untill you hear otherwise.
    http://www.cnet.com/alltel-verizon-merger/
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

...and it's software on your side, hardware on their side. When/if they swith everything to Verizon, then yes you can flash away
  4. FernBchQ

FernBchQ New Member

I also have a merger question. As completion draws near my service is suffering. Dropped calls and something I never had, No Service from time to time! I did find out from reading info on VZW's website that Camden County, Ga is a market to be sold. They are only a couple miles from me as the crow flies. Could thid be negatively impacting my service? And, If so, How, if at all, is VZW going to fix this?
  5. privatepublic

privatepublic New Member

I did get a letter from verizon. I should be with verizon starting monday or so (billing anyway). Are you saying I should receive another letter saying that i'm actually on the verizon network?
  6. Mobile Auto Repair

Mobile Auto Repair New Member

That letter you got is the letter they are talking about. So yes as of Monday the 13th we are Verizon customers.
  7. privatepublic

privatepublic New Member

So I could flash my Q with the verizon wm6.1 and it would work??