Unable to get any updates?

Discussion in 'Samsung Focus' started by EggplantofDoom, Oct 1, 2011.

1. EggplantofDoom

EggplantofDoom New Member

Had the samsung focus
    Firmware revision 2103.10.11.3
    Hardware revision 3.1.0.7

I had update 7390. But I was paranoid that I accedentally tricked it into giving me that update because I wasn't getting any notifications for 7392 or 7720 (mango)
    So i decided to restore to my backup and I'm on 7008 again. Now I'm not even getting notified about 7390 which i had previously.
    Am I one of those cursed to wait until the end of october for Mango? Or have I messed something up making me unable to get any updates. (should i be getting these updates?)
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Wow. That is a predicament. I wonder if there is even an update path available from 7008? The updates now are at least starting with 7390. I would suggest asking MS directly. If you have a Twitter account, their staff are usually pretty quick at replying to questions: @WinPhoneSupport & @ZuneSupport
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

4. EggplantofDoom

I forced it. I've gotten 7392.
    7207 (mango) is still rolling out yes? Because I wasn't able to get that one to show when I attempted to force it. It will probably notifiy me or the force method will work later this month right?
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Mango is continually rolling out. Expect to go from 7392 straight to 7720.
  6. EggplantofDoom

Meh, maybe I just didnt do it right. I took me several tries but I managed to go from 7008 to 7392 (yea blew my mind too)
    I'm going to continue to try to force 7720 then. Going straight from 7008 to 7392 would fuck me up right? it claimed it put in any updates I missed and took quite a while so i dont think I'm actually missing anything.
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You should be good. All you need now is 7720 :)
  8. EggplantofDoom

excellent. Attempted the trick a few times to no avail. It took me several tried to do it anyways.
    Any tips on doing it? Ive got a Wifi USB adapter that connects to my router. And should my settings be changed on or off in any way (I have forgotten exactly how my settings were when I did it this afternoon)
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Sorry I can't help you with that method. I got so frustrated that I gave up on it and tried a different way, which I linked above already.
  10. EggplantofDoom

Very well. Have people gone from 7392 to 7720 before?
    And, If I wait, will 7720 officially come to me later in the month? I don't feel like risking my phone. I just wanted to get out of my 7008 cage.
  11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

7392 to 7720 is the path that most people are taking. No harm in waiting. You will see the notification soon enough.
  12. EggplantofDoom

Alright, So if I don't mind waiting, Mango will come to me.
    And if I don't get mad at it, I can potentially skip by using the Zune-Float-Disconnect method.
    Correct?
    Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.
  13. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Correct! You're welcome.

I bet you can't go another day without trying the "force" method ;)
  14. EggplantofDoom

Indeed your correct. I'll give it a try probably once a day until it works, or until Mango actually comes out :)
    It doesnt seem to be working like the other force attempt did. Not sure what to think of that. But at least I'm up to date so that I can get it Officially at the very least. Thank you.