Unable to download game

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by The Sand, Nov 15, 2010.

1. The Sand

The Sand New Member

I used the marketplace to buy a game (Bejeweled.) I purchased by putting it on my AT&T account. I can't download it. It says I have to, "Connect to a wifi network or connect your phone to your PC to complete the download." I did both but nothing happens.

When I go under Marketplace I see it sitting there saying "1 download." Now I just want to get rid of it, but I can't delete it either...

Any assistance would be great...

Sandy
  2. TheDFO

TheDFO Member

Next time you're on WiFi or connected to a PC, go to the marketplace, select the game, and select download/install/buy/try or whatever the button says. It will say you already bought it, do you want to dl again? Say yes. Blammo, you got the game.
  3. The Sand

The Sand New Member

Thanks for your reply... I did try that but it said, "You have already purchased that game" and I wasn't able to get around that. I wouldn't let me do it again...
  4. The Sand

The Sand New Member

I contacted Popcan games for help...

Just to pass along... you can delete or retry the download by pushing on it. I have retried several times but no joy.
  5. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Wow, let us know how you make out.
  6. The Sand

The Sand New Member

I contacted Popcan Games who told me to contact my carrier. I contacted AT&T who could not help me... I wrote Popcan Games back and am waiting to see if they will send me the link via sms or something. Will post how I get around this problem...
  7. The Sand

The Sand New Member

Basically I can't win this fight. Marketplace thinks I already own the game.. I can't uninstall the game from the phone and start over because the game never installed (it's in downloads.) I found this link for help in Marketplace

http://marketplace.windowsphone.com/Help.aspx?id=64d1fcea-9664-4214-b4ec-714f6dd3c6d4

But there is no "e-form" in My Purchases. And if you keep looking basically Microsoft says to contact the carrier or the maker of the game (I have contacted both - they say to contact Microsoft.)

The only thing left to try is to completely wipe the handheld... but since this phone has no comprehensive backup at this time you are looking at setting up the email and all the sync options again - and I am not even guaranteed that will do the trick...

So it appears that particular game is a no go for me on WP7. To get around this problem - make sure to select "try" first - then buy. It's when I selected "buy" (as I already know I like this game) that everything went bad... of course this doesn't at all mean this problem will happen to anybody else. Maybe I was just unlucky here...

Sandy
  8. The Sand

The Sand New Member

I got the game! I connected the phone to a different wifi network. Woooo Hoooo :D