u.s. cellular mms issue...help

Discussion in 'US Cellular' started by redsoxfan82, Jul 29, 2008.

1. redsoxfan82

redsoxfan82 New Member

u.s. cellular mms issue...help

i have recently upgraded from a moto q 9m with wm 5.0 to a 9c wm 6.o and i am unable to send or receive pictures with my phone..i'm pretty sure it's u.s. cellulars network but does anyone know of a tweak or hack that would let me get around this?
  2. kogama

kogama Active Member

WELLLLCOMMEE TO EQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! f( ahvent said taht in a while ) everyone seems to ahve problems with u.s cellular..and my phone cant send or recieve pictures..though i ahve sprint and can use smms
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dont believe US Cellular supports MMS on the Q
  4. Corey H

Corey H New Member

welcome and no theres is nothing you can do...i am with USC as well and MMS doesent come with the Q.....i am going to go up there tomorrow and ask if there is any way i can get it....even if it means paying extra
  5. redsoxfan82

redsoxfan82 New Member

right, i know there's kinda nothing i can do about it, it's u.s. cellulars network that's the issue but i was wondering if there was another way to send pix to other peoples phones..people who maybe don't have email access on their cells. I love my Q and I love u.s. cellular but they need a network over-haul..time to upgrade to 3G!!
  6. Corey H

Corey H New Member

well no not from your Q.......and i hope USC does summthin b/c i love the plans they have!

p.s: this should b moved to the USC section
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

--Moved to US Cellular Forum--
  8. redsoxfan82

redsoxfan82 New Member

i too love their plans and i love their customer service as well but they deffinatly need to roll out the 3G network, I'm sure they're working on it now..I have also read in Forbes that their likely to be sold..probable buyers are verizon, at&t or sprint but sprint has been having issues since merging with nextel so it most likely won't be them.
  9. Corey H

Corey H New Member

! i hope us cellular dosent cell out!!!! i hate Verizon
  10. redsoxfan82

redsoxfan82 New Member

<p>
    I hate Verizon too but they have the best network there is and that's deffinatly a plus and it's something to think about...I mean if they do get sold it would be nice if we the usc customers benefited from it some how! I know there's no way to send or receive mms' with us cellular but my question is, is there a hack,tweak or software that will work around this or even an online service that will let me upload from my Q and send pix to peoples cellphone #'s?? </p>
  11. Corey H

Corey H New Member

well like i said b4 NO....b/c if there was one i would of had it already and made a stickey topic about it......and i think u.s cellular is to big of an company to just be bought out...like a company like amped mobile that got sold out im not surprised they weren't that big at all
  12. redsoxfan82

redsoxfan82 New Member

yeah i'm not sure about the whole buy out thing i was just relaying what i read in fordes..as to the mms issue i guess i'll just have to keep atatching the pics to emails and emailing them to my friends like i have been doing all along, i have been searching for something better and i am really disappointed that there just isn't anything.. i hope usc doesn't let us down and will eventually re-vamp their network!
  13. Corey H

Corey H New Member

same here and they should re vamp it!.....i knw u have noticed there new campiagne marketing approach and their new styles.....something new is coming......i just dont knw what it is
  14. redsoxfan82

redsoxfan82 New Member

yes i have noticed a few things actually and i know they're testing new network versions in different areas of the u.s. like'beta's' lol so something big is coming that's for sure but the question is how long do we have to wait til we see some improvments??
  15. Corey H

Corey H New Member

hmmm idk hopfully at soon.......at the max imma say beginning of 09
  16. wetweasel4life

wetweasel4life New Member

Actually if u contact the carrier of the person u wanna send the pic too u can find out the cell # email address (ex. 8288888888@mms.uscc.net) back when i had the Q that was the only way to send any pix. Also when the person ur sending too get it they need to save ur email under their contact info. :laugh2:
  17. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Wait!

USCC's Q9c DOES do MMS. Their Q1 does not, but the Q9c does handle MMS messages.
  18. booter54

booter54 New Member

I have never had any issues with receiving MMS messages on my Q9c. For that matter, I could always receive them on my Razr before I upgraded to the Q.
  19. juanm269

juanm269 New Member

this is true the q9c does do mms but it is not enabled by default I had to call customer service to have them add the pay as you go pic messages plan it costs 25 cents to send but you can receive all you want for free. i'm not sure why this is not turned on by default unless they had a bunch of people wondering why they had a lot of pic messages charged to their account
  20. wetweasel4life

wetweasel4life New Member

Yes all phone numbers have an email address set up (ex. 8285558585@mms.uscc.net) all carriers have this setup for the purpose of phones still being able to have an alternate data root for things like Vcast and EasyEdge.