types random letters?

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by wbreslin951, May 31, 2008.

1. wbreslin951

wbreslin951 New Member

types random letters?

sometimes when im happily typing away itll randomly type a sequence of letters.. usually xhpm but sometimes different.. what could be causing that nd how can i fix it?
  2. trickshot11

trickshot11 New Member

usually if when you hit reply and start typing before the reply message page full loads it will type random stuff...could this be the problem?
  3. wbreslin951

wbreslin951 New Member

it also does it in ie sometimes.. there have also been times when ill press the up key nd it selects something even tho i didnt press the middle button.. im completely sure i didnt accidentally press the middle button when it does that too.. my m key doesnt work too well either.. thats probably a hardware issue though
  4. bamhm182

bamhm182 New Member

Mine does that, sorta, maybe something similar anyways. What mine does is it forgets what button I'm pushing sometimes, if I hit the end key, sometimes it'll hit s, if I hit the i key, sometimes it'll hit the spacebar, and other things like that. I plan on taking mine into the Sprint store and getting a new one, if you can, do that, or ask them why it's doing it. You could probably even call and ask, but a lot of time, people don't take people seriously on the phone.
  5. wbreslin951

wbreslin951 New Member

well mines not under warranty; its second hand.. so i kinda got no options except to fix it myself or deal with it.. verizon is pretty stingy about their phones..
  6. bamhm182

bamhm182 New Member

Oh, yeah, I guess if you're not under warranty, that would create some issues.
  7. wbreslin951

wbreslin951 New Member

yup.. any suggestions on how to fixit? google didnt help much lol
  8. bamhm182

bamhm182 New Member

I'm not really sure how it'd fix it, but maybe a Master Reset, it might just be that some file became corrupt. So if it's not too much of a pain, you could try backing everything up and doing a Master Reset, but it sounds like it'd be more of a hardware problem, still wouldn't hurt if you don't have that much stuff to backup.
  9. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Sounds like your Q is posessed. Dump it in a vat of holy water, and while holding a bible say this chant 100 times: mama-say, mama-sa, mama Q sa..............
  10. bamhm182

bamhm182 New Member

heh, I like Tech's way better than mine, try that and let us know how that works out. ;)