Two new issues w/my Saga

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by tman065, Feb 17, 2009.

1. tman065

tman065 New Member

Two new issues w/my Saga

grrr..

My phone rebooted itself twice last night. Once while I was composing a text and the second time while I was surfing using IE.

Today, the phone has a delayed echo, that bounces my half of the conversation back into my ear about a 1/2 second after I start talking. I switched to the speaker phone and the echo disappeared.

I'm gonna call VZW about the echo to see if it's a network thing, but I am concerned about the rebooting. I can't let that continue.

No hacks to my phone. Only one added program (Skyfire)
  2. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I have not seen this on mine, but will be holding my breath hoping that it doesn't occur. I used to see my Q do this, but never figured out what would cause it. It appeared 100% random and 98% of the time it wasn't when I was using the phone...but it'd be near me and I'd see it, hear it come back on, etc.

I'm sorry that I have nothing to offer you in terms of thoughts or fixes...let us know if you track anything down.
  3. tman065

tman065 New Member

Just got off the phone with VZW. They had me do a soft reset of the phone and then they reprogrammed it. It seems to have cleared up the echoing.

I told them about the reboots - as long as I was talking to them. I declined an immediate offer to speak with the techies. Not a known issue yet, it seems. :gasp:

I was advised to monitor and report any future probs. No doubt that I will do just that.
  4. tman065

tman065 New Member

Caught the Saga rebooting again on Monday. I will be replacing it with another.

Tech support at VZW wanted to walk me through some troubleshooting, but I said, "I just want a new one. I don't care to "fix" this one."

I had also noticed occasionally that I after I locked the phone, but it sleep, and stuck it in my shirt pocket, the next time I took it out, it would be displaying the "Clocks and Alarms" screen. No idea how that happened, but it's gotta be related.
  5. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

How long have you had the phone? the thing that pi$$es me off is you spend $200 - $300 for a NEW phone and if you have problems, the send you a REFURBISHED phone.

Can't say I would have exchanged it unless you went to the store and watched them unpack a new one.

Just my 2 cents!

Jon
  6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I don't disagree with you at all on *this* particular situation, but the other side of the coin is you have have a lot of people who buy cheap broken crap on ebay or elsewhere, or hack the thing so much they brick it, then demand a new one. That dishonesty affects the prices for all of us.

If the phone is bad, you should get a new one. If you screwed with the phone so much that you tore it up, suffer. If you didn't buy it from a store like I did why should you get the same warranty and replacement options that I have?

NB: Using "you" and "I" in general terms, not directed at any user, poster, person, avatar, creature, or humanoid on this or any other planet.

Damn...I just had that kevlar suit out somewhere...
  7. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

lol thats cold bob
    however, i do have a warranty
  8. tman065

tman065 New Member

The phone was sent to me brand new by a VZW third party vendor to take the place of my Q9c. UNICEL was my carrier til last month when they were bought out by VZW.

I paid nothing for the phone. No contract extension. Nothing Zip Nada.

I had it about two weeks when I first noticed the problem.
  9. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

oooo that sounds like me
    however im only 2 days in and i was always on verizon
  10. jmorisey

jmorisey New Member

I wanna a free ohone! :angry:
  11. tman065

tman065 New Member

The replacement Saga came yesterday, but I won't start using it til Monday - I need our computer guys to install the certificate that allows me to connect to our exchange server.

Unless someone knows how to copy the certificate from one phone to another. I looked around a little and couldn't figure it out. Anyone?