Tweaks 2 - be cautious

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by tharmsen, Aug 10, 2006.

1. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

Tweaks 2 - be cautious

I wanted a couple of cool hacks for my Q, so I purchased Tweaks2. These features were:

1) disable camera sound
    2) force Windows Media Player to play full-screen

I downloaded and installed Tweaks2, registered it for $12.99 and guess what? These two features are disabled on the Q.

Not only are the two features I purchased this software for disabled, but the menus are faulty (navigation) which also makes other features impossible to access.

I would avoid this software for now. I've sent an email to the authors, I'll let everyone know how this goes.

Here's the URL to their site: http://www.tweaks2k2.com/
  2. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

Thanks for the headsup. Keep us informed of any updates...

-simpson
  3. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

The developer is quite responsive to my questions. Here's what he's told me so far:

My response to him:

And his response to me:

I found a hack that disables the camera sound, which I forwarded to him. You can find it here.

Right now, I don't believe it's worth the $12.99 for the application. Perhaps with a few more updates it might be worth while. The good news is that the developer is responsive to emails.

4. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

With the responsiveness and the seemingly open reception to the constructive criticism you have put to him, I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised. I would hope that he follows through on the suggestions you have presented.

-simpson