Turn your HTC HD7 mobile into a wireless (wifi hotspot)

Discussion in 'HTC HD7 and HTC HD7S' started by Htet Naing Lynn, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

Have you ever wondered how to do so ? Well , you have gotten to the right place because I have been wondering the same ***** thing and I couldn't find a single ***** way of doing it.

Appreciated if someone could tell us how-to do this as MS has promised that we can turn all WM7 mobile phone into wifi hotspot with Mango updates and apparently, I have patched my phone with Mango updates and i'm stucked with banana. Thanks.
  2. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

Nobody knows ? Or it's just impossible with this Mango thingy ? I'm so disappointed with this platform. While everyone seems to be able to surf net on the go using their iphone as wireless router, I literally can't. It's been so many times to admit that my smart phone is not smart as compare to other smart phones. zzzz

I'm impressed with Mango update that I feel my phone a lot faster and responsive compare to before-patching-Mango but new features such as using custom ringtone for ur calls ? Gezz that's no big deal. I can do the same thing on my old Sony Ecrission phone no sweat ! Guess what ? I can only change ringtone and alarm but not SMS and other text alert to some custom ringtone. That's disappointing !!!!!

Ok, MS, keeps saying more organized way of organizing contacts by grouping blah blah blah but HEY ! You can't add more than 20 contact list into a GROUP !!!! So you might end up having Work Group 1, Work Group 2, Work Group 3.

I admit that being able to send msg and windows live chat as normal text messaging is cool but how about other IM clients ?? Such as Google Talk ?? zzzzz I'm a heavy Google talk user and I been using this phone more than 6 months. So far , no apps for gtalk, but there's one which I can't login whenever I try to login, though I'm using wireless connection with internet connection speed more than 8Mbps...

MS gone sucks since Bill Gates retired.
    Jason Pritchett likes this.
  3. Htet Naing Lynn

Htet Naing Lynn Member

I just hope some MS guy wouldn't tell me , if I want those features, wait for another big pineapple to come. Mango is way to small to do those stuff ....
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

7.5 supports wifi hotspot, but apparently it's up to the OEMs to enable it on the first generation phones by sending an update.

There is a hack floating around to enable it, but it looks like a lot of work. Anyway, just do a search for "enable wifi hot spot for wp7" on the internet.
  5. Jason Pritchett

Jason Pritchett New Member

Thats it? Has anyone been successful.

:(
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Certain manufacturers (HTC is one of them) are working on updates to allow Wifi sharing. Unfortunately, it will not be available to everyone/everywhere as it is up to carriers to agree.
  7. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

I got this update over the weekend on my O2 HD7 in the UK. So i can now share my phones network connection.

Interestingly, my wireless MAC Address changed at the same time, which caused me some network issues until i realised.
  8. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

Just discovered something REALLY annoying. Every time i reboot my phone, the MAC address changes, therefore i have to authorise it for my wireless network again. I also have to reset Zune wireless syncing.
  9. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

And the most recent update on my phone cured the problem, even though theres no mention of it in the update log.
  10. wind27382

wind27382 New Member

well i would really love that feature
  11. dorispalmer

dorispalmer New Member

Wow, thanks for sharing the info, nice thread :D