Turn off Startup and Shutdown Sounds(Rogers)

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by Rood87, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Rood87

Rood87 New Member

Turn off Startup and Shutdown Sounds(Rogers)

Hey guys,
    I have a Rogers Moto Q9H and I found a simple way to turn off your startup and shutdown sounds that rogers has applied to the phone.
    take any .wav file and rename it to "rogerspowerup.wav" and copy it to Device >Windows Folder(quick way to do it so you dont wait half an hour to open the Windows folder is just to highlight Windows then right click paste) It will ask you to overwrite, click accept. then take that same file and rename it to "rogerspowerdn.wav" and copy that file the same as the other one. This will stop the Rogers Startup and Shutdown Sounds. If you think you might want to put the sounds back on later I would recommend making a backup copy of the two .wav files.

Hope this Helps.
    Enjoy!
  2. GPeaslee

GPeaslee New Member

On the AT&T Moto q9h, you can get rid of the sounds by modifying the registry. Go to HKLM/Software/Motorola/SplashAnimation. Change the string values for the Startup and Shutdown sounds to \windows\*none*. In these sections, you can also change the startup and shutdown animations.
  3. BVGreenAK

BVGreenAK New Member

Silence Startup sound

I've got a one letter Q. The start up sound is very loud and I would like to silence it. The two posts before weren't simple enough for me to follow (for example: I don't know where HKLM is to be able to go to it. How does one get into the registry?) Thanks for any help.
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

try here. If after looking thru it and don't feel comfortable doing it..wait a while untill you are
  5. BVGreenAK

BVGreenAK New Member

This looks quite interesting. Thank you very much!
    Brad