Trouble using moto q with pdanet and usb modem

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by holysmoke, Nov 7, 2008.

1. holysmoke

holysmoke New Member

Trouble using moto q with pdanet and usb modem

On pdanet, I registered the software then installed the cab on the phone then simply started the program on my laptop.

It connects to pda then when I try to connect to the internet it says cannot dial.

on usb modem I try to install and it says my laptop doesnt have activesync even though I have vista. so I tried to install activesync and it said cannot install on a vista computer.

any ideas appreciated.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

did you try Windows Mobile Device Center.... i installed PDANet recently (new laptop) and have not yet tried it.
  3. holysmoke

holysmoke New Member

if you figure it out let me know. I cannot get it to work.

I dont know how to use that Windows Mobile Device Center other than to plug in phone and use explorer
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i might try and mess with it this afternoon.... and uhm, WMDC is only to establish the "link" i think.
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

*update*

well.... currently i am connected via PDANet/Q, no problems what so ever.
  6. josepc

josepc New Member

Iknow I am way behind but if anybody can help I have a unlocked moto q9c with cricket and I am trying to use pdanet to surf the webon my laptop. The problem everything seems like is going well, pdanet tells me its authenticated and my speed is 2 mbps but then when I try to go on the web it says server timeout. Any ideas on how to make this work??