Trouble Downloading - Resume

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by PVPD106, Mar 20, 2008.

1. PVPD106

PVPD106 New Member

Trouble Downloading - Resume

I have been trying to download the Yahoo Go .cab file from the Yahoo site. The download starts, then stops. I have to press resume, which resumes the download for a few seconds, then it stops and I have to press resume again, and again, and again, until the file finally is downloaded. Once the file is completely downloaded it says that is unable to install.
    My question, is it common to have to continually have to press the resume button to download a file, or should it download the complete file once it starts. I have found the Yahoo Go file on another webpage and downloaded it to my computer and the transferred it to my phone and installed it without problems. So whats the deal trying to download directly to my phone.

I am using the Moto Q 9h with AT&T service.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i have never seen this before
    perhaps it was problem with yahoos site/server
  3. PVPD106

PVPD106 New Member

Maybe that is it. It could be a problem on there end. I haven't yet tried to download any other files directly with my phone. I just got it a few weeks ago, and still trying to figure it out. I may try something else and see how it works.
  4. n99hockey

yea try something else out i think its just yahoo being a pain in the ass
  5. PVPD106

PVPD106 New Member

Must by Yahoo. I just downloaded the "All Mobile Mines" game from the free downoad on this site. I used the text message feature and sent the link to my phone, then saved it. The download went all the way through and installed perfectly. Thanks for your help and speedy reply.
  6. n99hockey

good deal
    glad i was able to help!:laugh2:
  7. ehauser

ehauser New Member

I am having the same problem. It is definitely a much slower process on Edge versus 3G, but still the same problem. You will have to resume several times, then when the file does download, it won't install.

I have had this happen on two sites:

m.bluefishwireless.com - Free QPAK for Moto@

wap2.cingularextras.com - Paid Game Download from AT&T

MAY BE A PROBLEM WITH AT&T? I TRIED TO GET A REFUND FOR THE GAME, BUT THEY WON'T GIVE IT TO ME.

Will someone try and download it for me if I give them the link? Maybe then I could download it to my PC and upload to my phone that way.
  8. mmv

mmv New Member

Do you have mcafee running on your phone by any chance?

I was also having issues with downloading the free q pak from att.... but disabling scanning in mcafee fixed it for me.
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I agree. I had the same problem when downloading yahoo go. I too found mcafee to be the culprit. disable it or don't install it.
  10. ehauser

ehauser New Member

That was the problem... I disabled real-time scanning and the files downloaded! Thanks guys for your help!
  11. mcaram16

mcaram16 New Member

i only have that problem when i use Opera mini.....i never have that problem with IE
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yah, that's true. But I have problems with IE. It's soooo slow and freezes up my phone (Q9h).
  13. NastyGash

NastyGash New Member

I've experienced this same problem when I attempt to redownload a .cab file for example. I found that if I delete the file then try again, it works without problems.