Treo 680

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by chris, Sep 23, 2006.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Treo 680

It appears the Motorola Q will have some competition from Palm. Leaked images have surfaced of Palm's Treo 680 and it's believed to run about $199 making it a direct competitor with the Q.

Whoever leaked these image is either out of a job or was asked to "mistakenly" put them up and then off the software site for Palm.
    It's a little too late considering everyone from Engadget to ET have published the photos.

Attached Files:

2. grlnxtdr681

grlnxtdr681 New Member

It may try to run against the Q, but it lacks one thing, which is why I gave up the Treo months ago........... The thinness ans sleekness of the Q. That they can't compete with. Software updates will keep the Q up to date. I have had 15 phones in less than a year, and I won't run out the door to buy that one. I think I found " the one" :foot:
  3. chris

The Treo 680 GUI is more intuitive and despite the "thickness" is still a very small phone. The Q is wider which someones makes it difficult for one-handed use. There are pluses and minues on both side. It really comes down to personal preference and your usage profile.

-Chris
  4. Bwizzy

Bwizzy New Member

No doubt about the plus and minuses. But the big factor that made me give up my palm was the design of the Q and I can watch my slingbox on the fast Sprint network. The 680 iss cool, but on the real, Cingular's plans suck major ass. I send about 3500 text a month and Cingular would bust me upside my head with their $35 for 3500 sms plan. Then the data all you can eat is like $39-49 vs. Sprint $20. And on top of all those kudos I get a DOD discount. The Q was always attractive to me. Sprint just made it more so. I had even thought about switch to draconian VZW so I could get it.
  5. chris

I too just made the switch to Sprint with my Q. I was paying $45 per month on both the Treo 700p and the Q. Not a huge savings, but I'm happy to be back with Sprint at $20 per month.

What text plan did you opt for on Sprint? I have PowerVision for data, but I don't think I've got SMS included.

-Chris
  6. Bwizzy

Bwizzy New Member

They got the unlimited jumpoff for us for $15 a month. At least that's what I'm paying right now. The only thing I don't like about this phone with Sprint is "NO MMS". I usually send out my video for the week, but I had to throttle back until I found a work around for that on this website. Now I'm doing my thing with the videos and pictures and what not.
  7. grlnxtdr681

grlnxtdr681 New Member

I would never leave Sprint to go with another network. For the plan I have with Sprint , I would be paying about 200 a month with either Cingular or Verizon. Right now my plan includes for 3 lines of service : 1200 mins 60.00 1st line : Ultimate power vision 25 with a 10 reaccuring credit so it drops it to 15 Unlimited text 10 and insurance 6.00 2nd line : Free Add a Phone Free Granfather Vision 500 text free and 6.00 Insurance 3rd Line : Free Add a Phone Ultimate Power Vision 25 with a 10 reaccurring credit so that drops to 10 Unlimited text 10 Insurance 6.00 then we get a 23% discount because my husband works for Home Depot and we also get a 15% customer loyalty discount. Grand Total a month 75.00 a month. Yeah we have to deal with Sprint's customer service and the chance they will mess up our bill, but I couldn't get a plan like I have now wih another network.
  8. grlnxtdr681

grlnxtdr681 New Member

If you want a plan like what I have you have to call Sprint's Retention Dept and ask for it. We have been with Sprint for almost 2 years but you have to know what all you want before you call and also notew that it extends your conract out for anoher 2 years. They use Z codes to apply those options. Also, with the 1200 mins for 60 , the nights can't start until 8pm and you can't do the nights starting at 7 because the codes won't stack up. Just FYI.
  9. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

Chris you should have researched SERO, 500 minutes+unlmtd Data all for $30. You add unlimited SMS (10 bucks i think) and you're still paying less. insane stuff.
  10. Bwizzy

Bwizzy New Member

Whats SERO?
  11. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member