Traveling-Is there a prog that updates the hour automatically when I land?

Discussion in 'Samsung Saga' started by RoastedMonk, Aug 4, 2009.

1. RoastedMonk

RoastedMonk New Member

Traveling-Is there a prog that updates the hour automatically when I land?

I'm a pilot and frankly when I make a stop in Huron North Dakota...I have no darn idea what time zone I'm in. I know smart phones don't update to new timezones after re-enabling the phone part. But is there a program I can install that will pull it off the tower like my old LG Env did and change my phone to the local timezone automatically??

Thanks

Monk
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

it should update automagicaly.. have you tried restarting the device after turning the phone part back on?
  3. RoastedMonk

RoastedMonk New Member

No haven't tried powering down. Just re-enabling the phone broadcast when I land. But it didn't reset to the new time zone. I had to click on the clock on the today screen and then click "visiting" and choose the time zone I'm in. But that's the problem sometimes I have no idea what time zone I'm in when I land. Is it central...is it Mountain...do they observe daylight savings time etc etc... So I'd just like the phone to update the Hour to the correct timezone. It definitely updates the minutes part..but not the hour.

But I'll try restarting the phone after landing... and see if that works.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

and make sure under settings..personal..phone..services..time..edit..timezone is set to auto.

and dont forget to take it out of "airplane" mode! or are pilots exempt!! =)
  5. RoastedMonk

RoastedMonk New Member

Thanks. Found that setting. Will try that. Hopefully it works. And yes actually..."turning off cell phone" really should be part of our checklist. Cause we always forget. :) And in my old CRJ 200 if someone left their cell phone on in the back rows...they'd set off the baggage compartment fire warning. :) See...it really does matter. And sometimes..the carrier tone...(you'd know what it sounds like) would come across our radios. But truthfully other than the fire in the baggage...it really doesn't affect us.
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

ahh..good info! thanks!

(i knew it!!)
    =)
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

myth... busted :)
  8. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Ha!....good to know. i knew it..

Increased cell phone call being made while in flight continues, all signs lead to everythingwm.com

:D

BTW the couple times ive crossed time zones with my Q9h it has automatically updated, without any power down....
  9. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

both my Q1 and the Q9c do it automagicaly. Figured their was a setting or something for the OP's as well