transferring stuff to mini SD card with Mac's "Browse Device" bluetooth function

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by magetz, Jan 31, 2007.

1. magetz

magetz New Member

transferring stuff to mini SD card with Mac's "Browse Device" bluetooth function

hey i'm a really new Q user so there may be a very simple answer to my question. I just got my mini SD card and it shows up as "storage device" in the file manager and in memory info it shows up just fine. I can transfer stuff to the device within the phone however:

How do i transfer files/access this folder using the bluetooth "browse device" function on macs? It only lets me browse my "My Documents" folder. I tried moving my "My Documents" folder to my storage device, and now when i choose "Browse Device" on my mac, im not even sure what folder i'm looking at (it's blank).

Thanks

jeremy
  2. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Registry Hack

Moving the folder was a bad idea. You should put it back.

The default Bluetooth implementation uses the \My Documents folder as the Bluetooth root. If you want a different default, there's a registry hack you can do.

Steve
  3. magetz

magetz New Member

oh man.. thank you SO MUCH!!!!

so easy. took two minutes and bam, full control now. can't thank you enough!!!
  4. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Reputation Boost

Glad it worked. Don't forget to boost the hack author's reputation (and maybe mine for pointing you to it). :wink: See my signature for details.

Steve
  5. IgotQ

IgotQ New Member

You'll need to get MarkSpace's MissingSync for Windows. This will allow you to mount the Q on your desktop and access all the folders. You need to have OSX 10.4.8 (Tiger) as your current OS. Although bluetooth transfer is slow. When I want to load movies, I just take my miniSD out and plug it into a reader and copy. Much faster than bluetooth.