Transfering contacts

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by guest03, Jul 24, 2009.

1. guest03

guest03 Member

I have mine checked to automatically update data when it is expired, if this is what you are asking. It's under options on the Quick GPS.
  2. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Thanks Ted; I just picked up my Ozone from CellZealot after we tried for a while to extract the GPS off it for the Q9c users.

Question on Dashwire: My Dashwire account is set up for Motorola Q 9c - Verizon Wireless. Are you saying you backed up your Q9n as a Motorola Q9c (like I did) and then you simply ran Dashwire from the Ozone and the contacts came right in? I don't see a profile for Ozone on Dashwire yet, or sure that it matters actually... Did you have to change the phone type before you ran the restore?
  3. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

i didn't change a thing online at all. i just ran dashwire from the phone(s) and let it do the rest. never even thought about what kind of phone dw thought i had.

good luck
  4. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

One thing I notice about Dashwire, I think, is that is you leave it set to automatically sync rather than manual sync, it appears to affect battery life.

Would you agree?
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

Good God, yes! When Dashwire first came out, that was the biggest complaint. I have it on my original Q (WM5), and I have it sync manually. If I have a lot of texts I want to save, I run the DW app, and then turn it off.
  6. teddyearp

teddyearp Member

Oh yes, I would agree whole heartedly. I found that out with a quickness and that is why very soon after my first install of Dashwire on my Nap, and subsequent installs on my Nap and Ozone, that is the first thing I change. I would never leave the default setting of 'automatic' on, I always change it's settings to 'Manual'.