Transfer Phone Contacts to SIM

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by opie169, Apr 7, 2009.

1. opie169

opie169 New Member

Transfer Phone Contacts to SIM

Hey everyone,

Is there a way to transfer all my phone contacts to my SIM card using just my phone? Whenever I get a new contact I always add it to Outlook instead of my SIM card. I want to transfer all these Outlook contacts to my SIM.

I am a MAC user and use Missing SYNC for Windows mobile, but I want to know if there is a way I can transfer all these Outlooks to my SIM by using just the phone.

Thanks
  2. bmurf

bmurf New Member

3. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Youbetchya, opie. You have to copy one at a time by each number listed while the contact is open using the popup menu to "Copy to SIM." Haven't found a better way or an app to do it to this point in time. Sorry this is a PITA but that's the way it is. :) -Q
  4. opie169

opie169 New Member

Okay thanks for your help. I see how to do it now, however now each contact is listed twice in my contacts. One with an Outlook symbol next to it, and the other with a SIM card symobol. Is there a way to list just one set of contacts, or will they both have to be listed under my contacts? Follow?
  5. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Doesn't look like it. Seems you'll have to delete each on you dupe.
  6. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Not sure if there is a hack available for that BUT I use SKTools an/or SmartTweaker and they both have settings to show or not SIM contacts. Personally, I want to see them in order to keep track of what to add, but I don't put ALL of my contacts on my SIM card anyway, since those are only the ones that I would use traveling anyway. Example: Don't need to call the corner deli if I'm in Spain. :) -Q
  7. opie169

opie169 New Member

I hear ya. LOL Not trasfering all of my contacts. Just the most important ones. Thanks for your help!
  8. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Coolio - you're good to go !!! Glad to help. :) -Q