track time

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by rudeboy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

track time

certain days i want to keep a "log" of my hours.. yes, i searched and went through Tony's app thread, no luck.

any one using anything..
  2. there is a program for palm users, but none for for call logs, just data for wm.
  3. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

damn foreigner (read: me :} i should explain better.. every 2 weeks the "accountant" gal here at work needs my hours (only of selected days). and with my memory it's better for everybody involved if i write it down.. was looking for an app for that.
  5. phone hrs or work hrs?
    if its work hrs, there is an excel template from MS that allows you to log them.
  6. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

just use sheet to go and make a spread sheet
  7. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

or the-time-log.com?

8. regression

regression New Member

I use Evernote for something similar. I use it as a daily "log" of what I do. Each tag corresponds to a project. I guess sort of similar to time log, mentioned above. In your notes, you could enter the time you spent on it. Just a thought.....
  9. Geekster

Geekster New Member

I am looking for a simple way to add notes to a calendar b/c there is an ongoing issue on who drove when and where & not always near my laptop.
    I found this ....you could write in your hours, the hours on a certain job, etc....
    And it's free....

http://www.smartphone.net/software_detail.asp?id=4227

Not really what I am looking for so on a big hunt. Just looking for a program to add a simple note/notes to a daily calendar to keep track of "things" & it's not necessary have to integrate with Outlook either, have it's own calendar thing? Maybe a diary but then that's not a calendar thingie, either. :frown:

Anyway...maybe might help you?
  10. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

thanks everybody... going to try the last 2 mentioned.
  12. Geekster

Geekster New Member

Annddd if you wanted me too, I could make you an Excel Time Sheet that adds your hours by day and then by week...
    You can edit it on your phone but I don't think it calculates anything on the phone or at least it doesn't on my WM5

My problem, I did find Smartphone Notes that sync's with Outlook but I sure wish I could get a calendar day view of notes --make sense?
    Sigh--I don't think it's out there...

Anyway...let me know about time sheet thingie
  13. Geekster

Geekster New Member

rb!!!!!

Dang I don't like to double post but....
    @ rb... I spent the day on PC yesterday creating a calendar Excel sheet that I messed with years ago in class & "pimped it out" a little more.
    It does work on the Q & you can update it on the Q w/ hours worked that day. Or anything else you want to make note of...
    Not a HS task thing by any means but if you want to jot a small note regarding what happened that day etc....
    Ahhhh--bottom line is: I am sending you an email w/ a zipped file when I get on other PC w/ Calendar in the header so you can check it out & not ignore my email as usual!
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    *I do tend to send him a lot of bad jokes* :laugh2:
  14. Christine3

Christine3 New Member

I think Klok would be something very ideal for you. Every project/tasks your work on can be represented by something unique like it's with different colors and you can identify each by its color aside from its name. Also, you can save a log of your tracked tasks or log and archived them so you can review them afterwards.

You may also want to check some more alternatives here: http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/02/02/43-project-management-software-alternatives It is a list of various project management software with time tracking functionality compared with each other. You might want to try Zoho projects as it has a great time and task tracking feature.