Touch screen

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by fab, Jun 2, 2006.

1. fab

fab New Member

Touch screen

Seems it doesn't support touch screen. Correct me if I'm wrong. Do you think touch screen is important? I think it would be very convenient when using softwares. It's the first drawback I found :p
  2. Splash

Splash New Member

I think there are benefits and hassles to be had with touch screens. Yes, they are wonderfully convenient, and let's face it, all kinds of cool. But touch screens are also easily damaged and scratched, especially when being carried around in a purse or pocket.
  3. jerryjr

jerryjr New Member

Personally, I like the fact that it is not touch screen and that the device is pretty much a one-hand device. Having a touch screen is great for some applications, but I think that Motorola did a good job developing the Q as a smartphone.
  4. cdrw

cdrw New Member

Touch Screens are nice, cool addition to any of such facilities but they have disadvantages attached which may make your experience with the product bad, like scratched/ damaged screens, corrupt screen codes and more. You wouldn't want to have those and approach a vendor. I guess its better to go without touch screen. My 2 cents.
  5. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

Touch screens can be convenient, but they can also be very troublesome. I had a brand new (company issued) MC50 "PPC" fail on me 2 days after I got the first unit. Tech support determined that the devices that recognizes the screen taps had failed and I needed to replace the unit. I live in the PDA, that is how I get paid. Just my .02
  6. scotty-o

scotty-o New Member

I think a touch screen (like the Treo) would be nice for dialing phone numbers, but considering what used Treos look like after a while, I would say it's a resonable omission.
  7. nuevo1

nuevo1 New Member

Full screen?

is there any software out there to make windows media player fullscreen,I mean the whole screen...
  8. MrClean

MrClean New Member

I think touch screens are over rated, especially ones that require a stylus to operate (my opinion). I would lose the darn thing once a week.
    Part of the appeal of the Q is the slim design, you can't get that with a touch screen. The Treo is too bulky and weighted to carry in your pocket, the Q fits nicely and doesn't feel like it's weighing me down. :laugh2:
  9. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

I beg to differ:
    [​IMG]

Palm has just become lazy, they're mostly a software company and are not doing enough to strengthen their lineup through modernization (which these days really means THIN). Here's to hoping palm wakes up, because if the Treo 700wx was half as thin as it is, I'd be using that.
  10. MrClean

MrClean New Member

Too bad that's an over-priced 2G phone. I have no idea what Apple was thinking when they developed that. A $400-$600 phone that only downloads at 2G rates??? You've got to be kidding me (not you personally). Although you are correct the iPhone is thin and has a touch screen, I'd still never buy one.
  11. qnoob

qnoob New Member

i SO miss graffiti!
  12. scottjb

scottjb New Member

I think this will become a moot point. MS and Palm created O/Ss that developers can develop for. There are tons of Palm apps and thousands of WM apps. It seems that Apple's approach is you can have whatever you want, as long as Apple provided it. The iPhone is a proprietary device that won't allow add on applications.

I don't think consumers will stand for that. I think this will limit the use of iPhones to Apple fanatics and a few others who just want to try it out, then sell it on eBay.