Touch Screen Quit on Me

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Pro' started by CaseyChaos, Nov 7, 2009.

1. CaseyChaos

CaseyChaos New Member

Touch Screen Quit on Me

I got up this morning to find my 6 month old phone will not respond to touching the screen. This is a verizon phone and I now need to wait on a "new" unit from Verizon.

Anyone ever experience this or know of a fix?

Thanks.
  2. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

have you done a soft or hard reset yet? Is it just one area that the screen is not working (i.e. the top right/left of the screen) or is it all over?
  3. CaseyChaos

CaseyChaos New Member

I've done soft only. Nothing works.

It is real nice to find out that there is no easy way to hit "send" on the menus or keyboard when the touch doesn't function. I can't use text messaging or email on it because I can't figure out how to hit send.

How do you hard reset? I will do that and then start reloading apps if it works.

I've never been so pissed at a piece of electronics in my life!:dft007:angry
  4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Did you call tech support? First thing I would do. They will gladly talk you through the master reset to try to avoid sending you a new phone.
  5. CaseyChaos

CaseyChaos New Member

Verizon tech support or HTC?

I'll do that tomorrow!
  6. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

7. bberryhill0

Verizon. They are prolly around 24/7 for that. Look here for the hard reset key press. It's somewhere. Or just wait a minute and someone will post it to this thread.

* Or will post it before this post.

** That's right. It's called Clear Storage under Settings>All Settings.
  8. CaseyChaos

CaseyChaos New Member

I did the hard reset...Man...what a brick this phone is now. It brings up the WM screen and says "touch here to set up your phone". Well, the "touch" part is still busted. Can't do squat with the phone now!

I got the old motorola q out and got it connected so I can have a phone until I get a new HTC.

I'm wondering why I ever abandoned the Q for the major piece of crap that is the HTC Touch Pro.

Verizon's phone choices are awful!!!
  9. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

I hope all your contacts are backed up already @ Casey. Once you do a master reset it resets your phone back to default. and you lose contacts and such
  10. CaseyChaos

CaseyChaos New Member

I'm synched to my exchange server, so all is good.

Talk about one frustrating day with cell phones!!!
  11. bberryhill0

Many people here love their TPs so don't lose hope. If you can get to a store, VZW will prolly replace it on the spot.
  12. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

oh TRUST me ive been there before. Just try creating a ROM....talk about frustrating!
  13. Crunkwizard

Crunkwizard New Member

I hope this helps anyone else with this problem

Hi I use a program called my moblier witch you can download here http://www.mymobiler.com/ . While this does not fix your screen issues. If your screen goes black or your touchscreen fails. Buy, You can sync your phone with this program to access your phone and back up your information. It projects the phone screen on your pc. Also very good for typing in long information : )
  14. ReViZeD

ReViZeD New Member

my screen looks fine although i cannot use any touch with it so i was told the lcd digitizer was no good and i was going to try and replace it since it was only $13 on ebay then i looked at the instructions and i knew i would ruin what was left of the phone , even the diagram on replacing the whole lcd was too risky for me and it cost like $60 , so i just got a replacement for $100. oh yah and i use to have the ppc6700 the htc before that with all the kitchen apps it was cool, i really wonder why they for the ppc6850 they took out the 2 buttons on the keyboad at the top that allow you to use the phone even if the touch was not working, you could click the links on the bottom of the screen with those 2 bottons, well i guess it job security for them , if the touch goes out you screwed uless you have microscopic hands and can take you phone apart like a technician can!